Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL!

And yes, I'm well aware there's a Covid thread but everyone in that thread is vaccinated. This one's different and worth its own thread in my opinion. My apologies if you don't like my insensitivity but this one sticks out for me and deserves to be noticed.

How often do you click on the Covid thread?
    You can have your opinion! But I have had to keep mine to myself on this topic for some time on this site, that's what bothers me most. No need to apologize for saying what you think as it implies you did some harm to me which you did not. I was just not expecting it from you, like I said. You typically come with deep fact and little drama.

To your opinion, do not see the distinction as to why Bertuzzi gets a second covid thread dedicated to himself vs just piling him with others who were all either:
    A) unfortunate to be infected (following safe practices like Eli26)
    or
    B) did something to deserve it (pretending it doesn't exist and licking microphones).

That we will never know, but to me that is what matters most when it comes to this issue.

Folks I leave you with this:
    (people, please, stop F*cking the deer and other furred and feathered creatures, that is likely how we got here in the first place)
    https://www.abc10.com/video/syndicat...9-3dd51867b3a0
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...life-1.5689318
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02110-8

Or, lets shit on every deer until they get vaccinated.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
    tweetdrivr, I generally like your posts, but I have to disagree with you on the vaccine and so does the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

I’m not sure where you got your information from, but the vaccine is far more effective in preventing future outbreaks then having previously contracted covid. There are also countless peer reviewed articles that support the cdc’s research as well.

Getting back to hockey. Does Bertuzzi loose pay because he is not vaccinated?
    Don’t get me wrong - I’m 100% behind getting the vaccine regardless of previous infection. It can only help. But there is a lot of peer reviewed study out there also supporting the idea that previous infection does confer strong and lasting protection against the virus. A simple google search will produce numerous results for just about any covid research angle. Just like the vaccine, it will most likely not keep you from getting it, but it will greatly reduce the severity and duration. And like all of this, it varies from person to person. We had to chance to contain this to a much greater extent but somehow, which boggles my mind, this all got politicized and large portions of the population chose not the get vaccinated. As a result and as previously stated, this thing is here to stay. We’ll all get it at some point. Your best bet is to get vaccinated to help reduce the spread and primarily to reduce the chances that it hits you harder than it otherwise might.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

I have no sympathy and I hope it sucks as much as it can for this joker.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    That maybe true. Regardless, Bertuzzi is a maroon. :P
    But he's no 3 consecutive cup winner Patrick Maroon...
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

If Bertuzzi has never had Covid before he’s probably happy he got it. He can now take Ivermectin, D3, C, Zinc and Quercetin and/or the monoclonal antibody drip and be better protected than someone that took the vaccine because their TV said so.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    If Bertuzzi has never had Covid before he’s probably happy he got it. He can now take Ivermectin, D3, C, Zinc and Quercetin and/or the monoclonal antibody drip and be better protected than someone that took the vaccine because their TV said so.
    This is not sarcasm folks...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I dont even know what this is supposed to mean.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good job being human.

Dobber Sports Stud

how people could wish ill will on another human being because they don't agree with their stance is befuddles me.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Good job being human.
    Thank you. You know, it’s not like his selfish choice is not putting other humans at much greater risk. So, who is more human?

Ya I don’t think so. It’s his choice to live with the full consequences of the illness, and also to increase his chances of passing it to others.

So um…… what?

Dobber Sports Star

While i disagree with ones stance with not getting the vaccine, if a player is willing to risk their health AND give up significant chunks of their pay to not get the vaccine all i can say is you do you man. This is in contrast to those who make a huge public stink about not getting the vaccine then caving when it starts to hit their wallet. I have more respect for the former than the latter as it is really about the choice. There are a number of examples in both cases (Kyrie Irving for the former, Andrew Wiggins for the latter).
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Master

If the choice was limited to one’s own health only, I would have no issue with individuals choosing not to be vaccinated.

But because vaccination helps limit the spread of the illness, then it’s also about directly impacting the health of others.

Not being able to take the vaccine or wear masks for medical or physiological reasons is one thing, but a selfish choice? That’s another.

That is my single and only problem with it. So if God forbid this guy ends up on a ventilator, what are the doctors supposed to say? Or God forbid he contributes to others going on ventilators.. (which by being willingly unvaccinated he is doing) or worse, he takes up a ventilator or hospital resource from someone much more vulnerable, with far less resources at his or her disposal…

Yeah, I got a problem with that. So I have no sympathy for someone like this.

Dobber Sports Sage

If the choice was limited to one’s own health only, I would have no issue with individuals choosing not to be vaccinated.

But because vaccination helps limit the spread of the illness, then it’s also about directly impacting the health of others.

Not being able to take the vaccine or wear masks for medical or physiological reasons is one thing, but a selfish choice? That’s another.

That is my single and only problem with it. So if God forbid this guy ends up on a ventilator, what are the doctors supposed to say? Or God forbid he contributes to others going on ventilators.. (which by being willingly unvaccinated he is doing) or worse, he takes up a ventilator or hospital resource from someone much more vulnerable, with far less resources at his or her disposal…

Yeah, I got a problem with that. So I have no sympathy for someone like this.
    There's a ton of things that help limit the spread. Not going out to public establishments being one of them. Having stricter protocols! Such as what un-vaccinated players follow.

He's following the procedures in place that has been deemed reasonable and necessary.

Had he done anything to break procedures and protocols than ya **** him, but he hasn't (to our knowledge).
    The fact that you are even trying to justify your wish for ill will on him just puts you in bad light.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm in the "if you're following the rules...you do you". If following the rules isn't enough, maybe start questioning the rules.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll