Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/...amHP3Q-Bw&s=19

UPDATE: The #RedWings
    have placed forward Tyler Bertuzzi in the NHL's COVID-19 protocol.
    Somewhere Nelson Munce is pointing at this guy and saying "HA-ha". Play with the bull you get the horns. I do hope he is alright, but it's hard to be sympathetic here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Lots of players got Covid.

I expected someone to make a point of pointing out Bertuzzi, but not from you. 😔

Dobber Sports All-Star

I’m going the Larry David route with this one, “meh”. Nothing to see here moving on…
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Sage

There's already a covid IR thread. For organizational means this should be get moved to it.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Star

at this point, its inevitable everyone will get covid. possibly multiple times and possibly asymptomatic multiple times.

to most people, just not worth the risk getting severe negative symptoms.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Lots of players got Covid.

I expected someone to make a point of pointing out Bertuzzi, but not from you. ��
    Why not him? It seems obvious the guy who doesn't get a vaccine would get it. Also nobody said the vaccine is virus proof. It just means you are less transmissible, and how it hits/impacts you may not be as severe if you went without.

Also, these shots really only have a six month window, so we'll have to get boosters.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    Why not him? It seems obvious the guy who doesn't get a vaccine would get it. Also nobody said the vaccine is virus proof. It just means you are less transmissible, and how it hits/impacts you may not be as severe if you went without.

Also, these shots really only have a six month window, so we'll have to get boosters.
    I think you misread my post. Axeman is an impartial non-clickbait poster, historically.

And yes, we are all gonna get covid. Its the new cold. The sooner people get comfortable with this, the sooner we can start moving forward in a more productive way.

How about we turn this thread into - “Who gave it to the deer?” Im not sure how that happened and not sure I want the answer.

Dobber Sports Sage

And yes, we are all gonna get covid. Its the new cold. The sooner people get comfortable with this, the sooner we can start moving forward in a more productive way.
    Speak for yourself. I've already penciled myself in for never getting covid. Hopefully that holds up better than my fantasy hockey teams.

What is this about a deer?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you misread my post. Axeman is an impartial non-clickbait poster, historically.

How about we turn this thread into - “Who gave it to the deer?” Im not sure how that happened and not sure I want the answer.
    That maybe true. Regardless, Bertuzzi is a maroon. :P
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Deity

LOL!

And yes, I'm well aware there's a Covid thread but everyone in that thread is vaccinated. This one's different and worth its own thread in my opinion. My apologies if you don't like my insensitivity but this one sticks out for me and deserves to be noticed.

How often do you click on the Covid thread?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Detroit instantly said he's out 10days. Typically to a vaccinated player that means he's symptomatic. Do we know if unvaccinated players are the same, or is it like the NFL where if you're unvaccinated and test positive it's 10days no matter if you have symptoms?

Also, we have a person who's career is based off of his health. Hope he recovers well and doesn't get any hard side effects.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

I’m not sure but it would make sense that it’s an auto 10 days if he is symptomatic. I don’t think anyone who was symptomatic in the NHL (regardless of vaccine status) has come back more quickly than that? I would also like to point out, while everyone is wringing their hands over his vaccine status, that perhaps he’s already had covid. The evidence is quite clear that having exposed your immense system to the virus confers longer lasting and more robust protection than the vaccine does.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I’m not sure but it would make sense that it’s an auto 10 days if he is symptomatic. I don’t think anyone who was symptomatic in the NHL (regardless of vaccine status) has come back more quickly than that? I would also like to point out, while everyone is wringing their hands over his vaccine status, that perhaps he’s already had covid. The evidence is quite clear that having exposed your immense system to the virus confers longer lasting and more robust protection than the vaccine does.
    My question tho:
    Symptomatic Vaccinated Players = 10days out minimum. This is the rule
    Unsymptomatic Vaccinated Players = 3 (or is it 2) negative tests 24 hrs apart. This is the rule

In the NFL, if you're unvaccinated your symptomatic status doesn't matter, you're out 10days. Is the NHL like this? Or is Bertuzzi out 10days because he's symptomatic, and if he wasn't symptomatic would he only need the 3(or2) negative tests to be back?

Also, I think Bertuzzi said he's unvaccinated based on his views of the vaccine, not that he's had COVID. He could have had COVID, but the NFL's rule is once an unvaccinated player gets COVID, he's then treated like a vaccinated player for only 90days, I'd assume the NHL would be like this too and 90days ago would be early September, which was camp and he was participating at that time. So I doubt he had COVID and is using that as the reasoning he didn't get the vaccine. Just timing doesn't quite add up, but who knows.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Newbie

tweetdrivr, I generally like your posts, but I have to disagree with you on the vaccine and so does the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

I’m not sure where you got your information from, but the vaccine is far more effective in preventing future outbreaks then having previously contracted covid. There are also countless peer reviewed articles that support the cdc’s research as well.

Getting back to hockey. Does Bertuzzi loose pay because he is not vaccinated?

The Great One

12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch