Thread: Drop Knight for Francouz?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Drop Knight for Francouz?

Newbie's first post here - looking for some advice.

I have Binnington, Oettinger, Holtby and Knight in a one-year standard H2H league (W, GAA, SV% and SO). I drafted Varlamov, Binnington and Oettinger. lsles have been a huge disappointment so far so I finally dropped Varlamov to get Holtby. I was able to snatch Knight off waiver wire earlier but with Bobrovsky finally playing like a no.1 again and Knight's underwhelming numbers my goalies stats have been very average. I'm now thinking to drop Knight for Francouz who's supposed to be back soon and may have a better chance of getting more games. Thoughts? Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Drop Knight for Francouz?

oettinger would be my first to go, dallas wont keep 3 goalies active and he's waiver exempt so he'll get sent back down, even if he is the best of the 3. i'd hold knight for now and stick francouz on IR if you have the slot, he's shown he can put up solid numbers but health would be concern with him

btw, welcome to the forums!
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Welcome to the forums.

In a one year league, you're looking for a big result from Francouz, and that makes sense.

Binnington is an obvious keep.
    If Bobrovsky comes up hurt, Knight is in a great spot.
    If Holtby or Khudobin come up hurt or sucky, as we have right now, Oettinger is in a good spot. You have Holtby.
    Francouz will get significant playing time when he comes back.

I'd drop Oettinger, even though I feel he's the best of Dallas' 3 healthy goalies.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kuemper injured, more reason to get Francouz.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks for all the feedback! My IR spots have already been filled =/ but I still took Francouz hoping he'll be back sometime in the road trip. Aves goaltending looks to be in trouble.