Thread: Kaliyev Trade

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Kaliyev Trade

I’m looking to acquire Arthur Kaliyev before he really breaks out. Negotiations under way and the owner has a list of players the would do a 1:1 trade. They are asking for one of Tomasino, Ty Smith, Farabee or Fiala. I’m solid on D with Hedman, Pietrangelo, Fox, Hamilton, Klingberg and Dumba. I like the long term prospects of Smith being able to replace some of the production of some of my older D-men. Points from Defensemen in my league are worth an extra point so it is valuable to have scoring dmen. Thanks for any thoughts!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Kaliyev Trade

Given the presence of Hamilton, I'd be ok sending Smith away for Kaliyev. I'd also consider sending Tomasino.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thank you!
    Roster specs - 12 Team dynasty league 40 man roster
    C - MacKinnon, Barkov, Point, Larkin, Johanson, Monahan, Frost, Fabri, Veleno, Dellandrea
    LW - Ehlers, Forsberg, Huberdeau, Farabee, Dvorak, Denisenko, Kravtsov, Galchenyuk
    RW - P. Kane, Tarasenko, Taravainen, Fiala, Terry, Lindholm, Tomasino, Mantha, Holtz
    D - Hedman, Fox, Pietrangelo, Dumba, Hamilton, Klingberg, Ty Smith, Merkley, Jokiharju, Hanifin, Kylington, Sanheim, Valimaki
    G - Shesterkin, Merzlikins, Ullmark, Lankinin, Francouz, Alnefelt

Dobber Sports Ace

I love Smith, but he’s probably the guy you want to move in this case.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Newbie

Can’t bring myself to part with the forwards he listed so leaning towards moving Smith here.. Hate to let him go but in this case I think Kaliyev might be worth it.
    C - MacKinnon, Barkov, Point, Larkin, Johanson, Monahan, Frost, Fabri, Veleno, Dellandrea
    LW - Ehlers, Forsberg, Huberdeau, Farabee, Dvorak, Denisenko, Kravtsov, Galchenyuk
    RW - P. Kane, Tarasenko, Taravainen, Fiala, Terry, Lindholm, Tomasino, Mantha, Holtz
    D - Hedman, Fox, Pietrangelo, Dumba, Hamilton, Klingberg, Ty Smith, Merkley, Jokiharju, Hanifin, Kylington, Sanheim, Valimaki

Dobber Sports Newbie

Addison is a possible replacement from waivers if I move him

Dobber Sports Star

In a vacuum, Smith is likely more talented than Addison, but practically speaking, given their situations, Addison and Smith is even. If you want Kaliyev and can replace Smith with Addison, that's a win.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Given the presence of Hamilton, I'd be ok sending Smith away for Kaliyev. I'd also consider sending Tomasino.
    I think by most metrics, Tomasino is the better prospect. Agree about sending Smith though.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    I think by most metrics, Tomasino is the better prospect. Agree about sending Smith though.
    I think they're in the same general grouping, with Tomasino being more reliable but Kaliyev's ceiling being higher, especially with the team that the Kings are building. You could reasonably go either way.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Probably going to send the offer Smith for Kaliyev 1:1.