Thread: Benn/Seguin for Verhaege/Bunting

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Benn/Seguin for Verhaege/Bunting

Hey guys,

I replaced an inactive manager in a H2H league and I managed to win my last two weeks (albeit barely). I've made a couple of trades to shore up my goaltending but I'm still looking to improve as I sit 11th out of 14th.

I was proposed this trade this morning.

His Benn and Seguin

for

My Verhaege and Bunting

Stats are as followed:

G: 4.5
    A: 3
    SHP: 1
    SOG: 0.5
    Hits: 0.25
    Blocks: 0.5

So far this year, Benn and Seguin have 71.25 and 66.25 points respectively. Verhaege and Bunting have 80.5 and 83.75 points respectively.

I'm guessing this manager doesn't believe in the Stars offense much and I'm not sure I do either. However, the potential of this trade is enticing. I picked up Bunting on waivers a couple of days ago, my investment in him is minimal even if he has outproduced everyone in this deal so far. He has a nice spot on the Leafs top line as of now but no prime PP deployment. Verhaege is probably exactly what we thought he'd be.

Should I pull the trigger or should I steer away from an overvalued name player (Benn) and an underachieving player (Seguin).

If it helps, I have Point and MacKinnon on my IR right now and MacK is scheduled to be back tomorrow. Should I hold on and wait to see if his comeback is enough?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Benn/Seguin for Verhaege/Bunting

I'd actually want the Stars duo here. I think Seguin will continue to struggle but Verheague and Bunting are very low ceiling so it seems like its worth taking a chance