Thread: Start 1 Goalie League Question! Will Rep where possible

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Start 1 Goalie League Question! Will Rep where possible

I'll get straight to the main question: (League is points only - wins 3 points - shutout 1 point)

If you are in a cap league and have to start 1 goalie with free injury replacement, do you pick 1 team and grab the tandem to save money on the backup? OR Do you pick two strong teams and grab the starter from both teams so long as the contracts are manageable?

In my instance I drafted both Shesterkin and Samsonov in the original draft in hopes that they would both eventually have the majority of their teams starts. I've been hit pretty hard with injuries so far this season including Kucherov and Mackinnon but I am only 29 points back of third place, so another question on that note.. Do I shop around Samsonov to someone who might need the help in goal and is more comfortably competing? I'm pretty happy holding Shesterkin as my starter, but I'm also loving how Samsonov is starting to play and he's only 2 million cap hit atm! If Samsonov signs a big deal in the off season it might be tough to keep two 5+ million dollar starters.

Thoughts?

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Start 1 Goalie League Question! Will Rep where possible

I think you should shop Samsonov in a week or so if he keeps trending this way, as his value should be good enough that you could get someone useful in return on a non-expiring contract. Note that you being 29 points back of third means YOU are competing, so don't sell short.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Start 1 Goalie League Question! Will Rep where possible

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think you should shop Samsonov in a week or so if he keeps trending this way, as his value should be good enough that you could get someone useful in return on a non-expiring contract. Note that you being 29 points back of third means YOU are competing, so don't sell short.
    Okay thanks for the insight and encouragement Steve!

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt