Elias Pettersson, Jake Pelletier

Who you got?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Which side?

Petterson Pellitier side for me in a dynasty league

Dobber Sports Wizard

Petterson has been so bad...

i think you go with Petterson for potential but if you want to be sure i think at this point safer bet is Norris and Dobson.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

I want side A

Dobber Sports Star

Dynasty, I like B. Clague's destiny is a PP2 contributor as Brandt Clarke is going to be the PP1 for the Kings within a year of his making the team. Dobson is not a PP1 guy by his nature; his likely best case is a PP2 who gets the benefit of being a first-pairing defenseman. Pelletier isn't much. Even with Pettersson's superfunk, his ceiling remains so much higher than everyone else involved.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First off, I am tempted to say whichever side you're getting. Honestly, I think either side could be preferred.

Pelletier is a lotto ticket, and Clague is basically one as well. Pettersson should outscore Norris, but Norris should bring more peripherals. Dobson should be reasonably useful.

Looking at your roster, you're likely giving Pettersson, and I'm going to guess that you're trying to lock up the Kings PP D with this deal, as well as getting back a player who can sneakily give value close to Pettersson.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    First off, I am tempted to say whichever side you're getting. Honestly, I think either side could be preferred.

Pelletier is a lotto ticket, and Clague is basically one as well. Pettersson should outscore Norris, but Norris should bring more peripherals. Dobson should be reasonably useful.

Looking at your roster, you're likely giving Pettersson, and I'm going to guess that you're trying to lock up the Kings PP D with this deal, as well as getting back a player who can sneakily give value close to Pettersson.
    Actually Steve this deal went down late last night and I didnt have a chance to post it before I closed. I received Side B, the EP side. I thought it was pretty even, the OGM needed help at C and D and didnt hesitate at all to pull the trigger. If Pete and/or the Canucks dont get it together at some point I get hosed. A guy has quit my league over this trade for some reason and I cant fathom it. I wanted to see if anyone here freaked out and lost their minds over it.

Clague for Pelletier was a last minute add you nailed it on the head.
    FYI for everyone Pelletier is one of the top scoring players in the AHL at 20 yrs old. CGY is a damn good team. Might want to re-evaluate.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Dynasty, I like B. Clague's destiny is a PP2 contributor as Brandt Clarke is going to be the PP1 for the Kings within a year of his making the team. Dobson is not a PP1 guy by his nature; his likely best case is a PP2 who gets the benefit of being a first-pairing defenseman. Pelletier isn't much. Even with Pettersson's superfunk, his ceiling remains so much higher than everyone else involved.
    i think Druzi is a big sleeper for LA..i really like his game...we will see how he does once all the adrenaline goes away but he has been very good...in his NHL debut against Leafs he was the best King on the ice...not only on stat sheet.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i think Druzi is a big sleeper for LA..i really like his game...we will see how he does once all the adrenaline goes away but he has been very good...in his NHL debut against Leafs he was the best King on the ice...not only on stat sheet.
    Sean Durzi* and yes, I am a huge fan of his game. He doesn't hesitate like most rookies do and pass up the chance to go for it when lanes open up. Guy is run-and-gun when it comes to offence... he doesn't mind take chances unlike the other young LA Kings defenders and unlike Doughty, nobody commands the PP like this kid does. His shot, the way he moves the puck around... kid has no fear and goes on instinct. Only hang up is his D game, which apparently he's also working on. He is a workhorse that keeps pushing to get better. Never satisfied where he is today. Always striving to be better. His second NHL game was a much better showing of playing a more well-rounded 200-foot game, where as his first game, he showcased his positives and negatives right out of the gate. The highs were high, but the lows were low... if he can cover the right man and take away lanes from the opposition... tighten his game more on the back end, he should be as you said, a big sleeper.... kid has oodles of talent.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like the EP side more as well... especially if he can show what he showed in his first 20 games as a rookie. Kid looked like he was going to become the next generational superstar.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd take side B.. shooting for that upside and grabbing the buy-low opportunity, while recieving a solid prospect with good progression, in a system that won't rush him. I like it, nice deal.