Thread: Ryan Strome vs. Robert Thomas

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Ryan Strome vs. Robert Thomas

Hey, guys. Ryan Strome and Robert Thomas have both been playing well, but I have to drop or trade a center to make room for Nate MacKinnon (coming off IR this week). Strome is obviously more proven, while Thomas is younger and appears to be coming into his own. And wins more faceoffs. Strome’s impending UFA status bugs me, but the guy plays with Panarin. And the Rangers are playing good hockey.

Curious to know who you like better and why? Thanks.
    Yahoo 16-team, H2H, Keep 6 (Max. 1 Goalie), Cats: G, A, P, PPP, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%.

F:T. Thompson, J.T. Miller, Point, Lehkonen (IR), E. Kane, Thomas, O'Reilly, Lindholm, Schmaltz, Atkinson, Nelson, R. Strome
    D:Josi, Carlson, Pietrangelo, Slavin, Spurgeon, Gustafsson
    G:Saros, DeSmith, Wedgewood

2023 Yahoo League of Hockey Champion

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Ryan Strome vs. Robert Thomas

Even though St. Louis distributes ice time pretty evenly from the games I've watched this year, I think Thomas is steadily becoming the team's best player. He's only going to get better and the more his teammates get used to his absurd ability to thread seams, the more assists he's going to start piling up. I'm going Thomas here without hesitation. I also like play-drivers which I'd consider Thomas to be! His ability to take the puck up ice and into the offensive zone is also so beautiful to watch. He's a big time possession player, an elite skater and playmaker.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Ryan Strome vs. Robert Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    Even though St. Louis distributes ice time pretty evenly from the games I've watched this year, I think Thomas is steadily becoming the team's best player. He's only going to get better and the more his teammates get used to his absurd ability to thread seams, the more assists he's going to start piling up. I'm going Thomas here without hesitation. I also like play-drivers which I'd consider Thomas to be! His ability to take the puck up ice and into the offensive zone is also so beautiful to watch. He's a big time possession player, an elite skater and playmaker.
    I picked up Thomas to replace an injury and really like what I've been seeing. Thanks for your thoughts!
    Yahoo 16-team, H2H, Keep 6 (Max. 1 Goalie), Cats: G, A, P, PPP, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%.

F:T. Thompson, J.T. Miller, Point, Lehkonen (IR), E. Kane, Thomas, O'Reilly, Lindholm, Schmaltz, Atkinson, Nelson, R. Strome
    D:Josi, Carlson, Pietrangelo, Slavin, Spurgeon, Gustafsson
    G:Saros, DeSmith, Wedgewood

2023 Yahoo League of Hockey Champion