Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: D.Toews sell high or keep ?

The Great One

Default Re: D.Toews sell high or keep ?

I want Thompson and even Rodrigues over J Toews. Does Boeser have RW eligibility only? Your pretty stacked there but some nice dual eligibility too. Your wings are very good. Maybe try to ship one of them for a top C? Particularly if D Toews isn’t garnering the interest he deserves. With a Util spot I think I’d keep Toews. And yes, Klingberg is your most droppable D. I’d dangle him or Burns for a good C if someone will bite. He’s still got some name recognition.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Reason I'm thinking of dropping Kling for Boeser is that no one wants Kling (already dropped this season), no one wants burns. and no one actualy even wants D Toews.
    So if I'm goign to trade for a C (hyper valued this season bc we added FW and now C's are most of the top 100 players) I feel I need a winger to trade.

But maybe I keep Kling and just drop J Toews for Rodrigues and go from there.
    12 Team H2H - 1 year - daily lineup - 4 goalie starts per week
    C,C,L,L,R,R,D,D,D,D,Utility,G,G,BN,BN,BN,IR,IR+
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA

C: Eichel, Giroux (RW), Trocheck, Danault
    LW: Kaprizov, Forsberg,
    RW: Rantanen, Marchessault, Buchnevich
    D: Bouchard, Heiskanen, Gustafsson, Theodore, Jones
    G: Jarry, Raanta
    IR: Fox, Bennett

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This thread got little derailed. So back on D.Teows path:

thank all for replies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    have you put out any offers to your league? what feedback are you getting from them?
    Just some garbage in return. Today's 1st real offer: my D.Toews with Zuccarello or Kyrou for his Nylander. It would help me to make roster space, but I think this is a overpay?

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I’m keeping him.
    [...]
    He’s underated and I don’t think the return would be worth it unless it’s really good and from a GM who sees his value.
    thanks a lot for super insights!

Quote Originally Posted by bvandyk View Post
    I tried trading him for the 30th best C (Season Average).
    D. Toews is the 14th average overall defender this season. I got berated by my league.
    Maybe your league is better, but no one in my league sees the value he holds, so I am holding him now.
    I made a public offer in our chat, and I got only some laughs. I had to explain who he is, that he was 1 month injured that's why his numbers show be read adjusted.
    Now he got 3 Assists after 3 multipoints matches so it started to ring a bell amongs other GMs

One thing is concerning me. In Frozen Tools reports, his numbers in Advanced Stats scream Sell High in Buy/Sell meter.
    But I think it is because he is evolving and he played in low scoring Islanders first two seasons.
    Now he is established in Colorado. So the Frozen tools are little misleading about him.
    Is this a correct assumption how to read his numbers and pace? He will not have a 109 points this season, but 60 is very likely?

Everything changed as he got COVID19. I didnt managed to sell him before, and after that I got just 1 offer: Seider, which I declined.
    He has also symptoms, which means longer recovery in general. I am afraid, he will need atleast 1 month to get back in his form. There is also possibility he will fell to ground hard.
    Atleast the Colorado has postponed games aswell, so they/he/me have those games in hand. I will came back to this thread when he plays some games again.

The Great One

That mylander offer is sweet

D.Toews trade offer is back with the same other GM: My D.Toews and Duchene for his Nylander.

D.Toews has outbreak season for sure, still over PPG (1.09PPG) pace. Colorado is high scoring team, which helps him. His Frozen pools stats scream sell high, although I think the AI behind that is not taking into consideration, that he played low scoring Islanders first 2 seasons. His scoring% is 14.6 (lifetime avg is half - 7.3%). Gamelog shows that he is cooling down, after his COVID, no more multipoint games and 3 zero point games. He plays just 34.8% of PP, because of Makar. He also has absurd high 2nd assist% (64.7%). He has almost no PIMs and just 0.86 HIT and 1.27 block per game. But he is a +- monster (+26 - last year +29).

Nylander has also an outbreak season (1.06PPG). He shots almost 1shot per game more than previous seasons (now 11SHOTs/60min). Plays 67.3% of PP and 18:52 avg TOI. And he could sustain this pace, because his buy/sell numbers are OK, 2nd.assists% is even slight lower. He is not relevant in PIM, HIT, Blocks and +- .

Duchene has "outbreak" season so far, PPG pace. Nashville is rolling, he is shooting little more than previous seasons (8.7 SOG/60) and scoring lot of goals (17.6% of shots), which is probably not sustainable. He plays 58.3% of PP and 19:00 avg TOI. I got him for "free" (picking up FA Dahlin, and traded him for Duchene). Do you believe that Duchene was reborn and will keep is PPG pace?

With this trade I will upgrade my offence and still have a lot of good defencers ( Hedman, DeAngelo, Pionk, Krug, Dobson).
    I will fill the free space with Reinhart, which has a almost PPG pace (0.88) but he is getting better in 2nd quarter, has OK buy/sell numbers, and he plays 58.3% of PP and 1st line with Barkov. Later I will stream this slot if Reinhart cools down.
    with
    I am in big need to create a roster space, more in my roster assessment thread. You are humbly invited to comment.

It looks like I am giving 2 good players for 1 good player, but D.Toews and Duchene should cool down and Nylander not.
    Is this a good spot for selling D.Toews high? or I am giving too much? Thanks a lot.
    League: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers, 5 FA pick-ups / week, unlimited trades.
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, SV%, SHO
    Positions: 2xC, 2xLW, 2xRW, 4xD, 2xG, 4xBN, IR, IR+

Drop Batherson or other skater to stream into playoffs?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Call me crazy but I traded Toews for a package of Pujujarvi, Cossa and a 2023 1st rounder (with a chance of that pick being high aka Bedard, Michkov etc.). My team is rebuilding, I'm deep at D and I don't have enough strong wingers, so I felt it made sense for me. Toews was also one of the oldest on my team and I was unsure where he was going to be when I start to be competitive in around 3 years.
    12 team dynasty, H2H points, no cap, no max games
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

C: Eichel, Trochek, Barzal, Suzuki,
    W: Draisaitl, Ehlers, Dubois, Buchnevich, Necas, Debrusk, McCann, Jarvis
    D: Hughes, Morissey, Chychrun, Bouchard, Pionk, Parayko, McNabb
    G: Ullmark, Hart, Grubauer, Korpisalo

Prospects:
    Knies, Reichel, Kemell, Robertson
    Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am in almost the exact same league (we count FW not +/-) so this is very relevant for me.
    I do think I would prefer Reinhart and Nylander to Toews and Duchene, primarily given you are carrying 6 D. In general F should score more points than a D. As such, barring any drastic change in +/- amongst these players, I think you will be in a better position accepting this trade.
    12 Team H2H - 1 year - daily lineup - 4 goalie starts per week
    C,C,L,L,R,R,D,D,D,D,Utility,G,G,BN,BN,BN,IR,IR+
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA

C: Eichel, Giroux (RW), Trocheck, Danault
    LW: Kaprizov, Forsberg,
    RW: Rantanen, Marchessault, Buchnevich
    D: Bouchard, Heiskanen, Gustafsson, Theodore, Jones
    G: Jarry, Raanta
    IR: Fox, Bennett