Thread: Is a team playing 4 games in a week always better than a higher scoring team playing 3

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Is a team playing 4 games in a week always better than a higher scoring team playing 3

Sorry, title should have read..Is a team playing 4 games in a week always better for fantasty points than a higher scoring team playing 3 games.

Afternoon Gents.
    These 4 teams (which are rated on this website to have the best fantasy schedule) are the ones with 4 games this week for sure (Mon-Sun). And maybe NYI? Of these 4 which 2 would you want players from in a one week pool with points for G3, A2, Win4 and Shutout2. 6F 4D 2G

Columbus 4.01 – Away NSH DAL WSH – Home SJS
    San Jose 3.94 – Away NJD NYI NYR CBJ
    Calgary 3.90 – Away LAK ANA VGK – Home PIT
    Tampa Bay 3.80 – Away STL BOS PHI – Home STL

I'm new to a weekly competition like this and wonder...how any of the above teams with at least 3 Road games each have a more favourable schedule than say...
    ...Ed--H-Pit, A-Sea, H-LA ////// Minny H to Ari, NJD, TO///// NYR H to Phi, SJS, Chi, or maybe even
    Car --A-Dal H-Ott and Buf.....

Thanks guys. I've confused myself with this post.. but if anyone can help appreciate it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Is a team playing 4 games in a week always better than a higher scoring team playing 3

Depends on the match-ups, but generally speaking yes, 4 games > higher scoring teams playing 3.

That's 33% more games, so for you to break even on the bet, your 3 game players would on average have to outscore the 4 game players by 33%.

Another way of saying this is a 60 point player playing 4 games = 80 point player playing 3. There are way more 60 point players than 80 point players so you're better off going with the quantity over quality.

Having said that, if I've got McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, etc playing 3 games I'm rolling with those studs.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Is a team playing 4 games in a week always better than a higher scoring team playing 3

Nice breakdown by Blayze here... agreed.

I tend to lean volume over quality most of the time - superstars aside.

Great point by the OP though on ALSO having to factor 'quality of opponent/home games' into the equation. Tracking some data off team returning from long road trips might factor into my decision too.

99 out of 100 weeks though - I don't have/take the time to do that kind of analysis... so volume usually wins out for me.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji