Thread: Fantrax is hot garbage for Fantasy Hockey

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Fantrax is hot garbage for Fantasy Hockey

This year I started a new league and I used Fantrax for it's ability to collect entry fees before starting. It's been one issue after another. It's so un user friendly. This week another issue came up. The GM I was playing didn't have three goalie starts, so Fantrax zeroed out the stats but gave them a 0 GAA. That's the perfect average, and they took that category.

What a joke.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Fantrax is hot garbage for Fantasy Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This year I started a new league and I used Fantrax for it's ability to collect entry fees before starting. It's been one issue after another. It's so un user friendly. This week another issue came up. The GM I was playing didn't have three goalie starts, so Fantrax zeroed out the stats but gave them a 0 GAA. That's the perfect average, and they took that category.

What a joke.
    Isn't that something that could be retroactively edited?

The Great One

I can't speak to the scoring issues...I don't manage our league, so I'm not sure how scoring errors are handled and whether or not they can be retroactively corrected.

I do agree that the website and app are not very user friendly. However, it is free so I can't complain. We were using CBS Sportline for years, but that was a paid service. I found CBS easier to use, but you get what you pay for, imo.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

I’ve been on CBS, Yahoo and Fantrax before, and Fantrax is by far my most preferred

Dobber Sports All-Star

Fantrax can have errors, but they are all easily fixable. Still my favourite platform for fantasy hockey.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Wizard

i find it hard to believe that other GM was given a win and if he was it was an error so send them email they will fix. I deal with not enough starts issue all the time and never had a scoring error on it. It sounds to me that you are unhappy with the scoring last week and you call it hot garbage as a whole.

Truth is there isnt another platform that is this user friendly. Its very easy to set up, easy to change things. Customer service is pretty good, specially if you are premium league but it is good in general just may take longer. They constantly trying new things and you maybe first person in last 10 years that i heard was unhappy with Fantrax website itself

So in this case my friend, i think its the operator not the machine!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

As a commissioner who has used both CBS and FT extensively over the years (probably at least 40 total league seasons), I find FT much, much easier and faster to use. I don't use CBS anymore.

(The FT app is garbage though, I use the browser).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sounds like a settings error to me. Need to go back to the goalie scoring section and look at what happens to goalie-scoring stats if the minimum is not met.

What you have here now, is a loophole that needs to be fixed.

Comish Dynasty 2021-22 (24 Team Roto Dynasty, Custom Salaries)
    Minnesota North Stars, 2nd Tier
    C - Aho, Rakell, Foligno, Trenin (Janmark, Steel, Kurashev)
    LW - Hall, Lucic, Sanford, Bellows (Vesalainen, Foote, Katchouk)
    RW - Seguin, Toffoli, Jaskin, Donskoi (Jarvis)
    D - Sergachev, Edler, Petterson, Forbort, Ceci, Valimaki (H.Fleury, Alexeyev, Salo)
    G - Price, Brossoit (Stolarz)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i find it hard to believe that other GM was given a win and if he was it was an error so send them email they will fix. I deal with not enough starts issue all the time and never had a scoring error on it. It sounds to me that you are unhappy with the scoring last week and you call it hot garbage as a whole.

Truth is there isnt another platform that is this user friendly. Its very easy to set up, easy to change things. Customer service is pretty good, specially if you are premium league but it is good in general just may take longer. They constantly trying new things and you maybe first person in last 10 years that i heard was unhappy with Fantrax website itself

So in this case my friend, i think its the operator not the machine!
    Nope I am not upset about losing scoring lol, this is a an error that occurred. I have this clicked off in the system if min not met "The team will get a loss for each averaged skater stat (PPG, FO%, etc.) or goalie stat (e.g. GAA, SV%, etc.), depending on the scoring category whose minimum has not been met, for the scoring period." Yet I am looking at it right now, and I should of won the week but that goalie stat is showing a green 0 for my opponents side, indicating they got that stat.

I use to use ESPN for years and it's app/internet format is way easier to add/drop players, make trades etc. Fantrax is very buggy. The only knock on ESPN is that it's positions are inaccurate and their projections suck. But who would use their projections anyway? I chose Fantrax for the treasury feature, and that people on this forum talked about it being the best thing since sliced bread. So far I find Yahoo and ESPN both better.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Nope I am not upset about losing scoring lol, this is a an error that occurred. I have this clicked off in the system if min not met "The team will get a loss for each averaged skater stat (PPG, FO%, etc.) or goalie stat (e.g. GAA, SV%, etc.), depending on the scoring category whose minimum has not been met, for the scoring period." Yet I am looking at it right now, and I should of won the week but that goalie stat is showing a green 0 for my opponents side, indicating they got that stat.

I use to use ESPN for years and it's app/internet format is way easier to add/drop players, make trades etc. Fantrax is very buggy. The only knock on ESPN is that it's positions are inaccurate and their projections suck. But who would use their projections anyway? I chose Fantrax for the treasury feature, and that people on this forum talked about it being the best thing since sliced bread. So far I find Yahoo and ESPN both better.
    Different strokes for different folks. I like Fantrax and like many here, I've used CBS, Yahoo, and ESPN for various leagues. I dont hate Yahoo and I am not a fan of ESPN at all. Its been so long since I used CBS I cant even remember why I didnt like it. I just know my preference, if I am looking for a league to join, is making sure they are a Fantrax league.
    If there's one complaint I have against Fantrax, it's their online draft. I dont like the way that system is run, but other than that, it's my preference.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Forgive me here, sure his GAA is showing green, but did you manually count the scoring categories yourself? If may show green, but if you count the categories yourself, they probably did award you the win even though it is green for the other guy.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Guru

The app is terrible, so there's that. But my biggest annoyance with Fantrax is probably its biggest benefit: it has so many freaking options.
    Once you get a league the way you like it, I think it's the best (largest player pool, loads of options, great draft room, collects $, etc).
    But setting things up can be a pain in the butt since there are a million little things that can impact scoring and rosters.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. I like Fantrax and like many here, I've used CBS, Yahoo, and ESPN for various leagues. I dont hate Yahoo and I am not a fan of ESPN at all. Its been so long since I used CBS I cant even remember why I didnt like it. I just know my preference, if I am looking for a league to join, is making sure they are a Fantrax league.
    If there's one complaint I have against Fantrax, it's their online draft. I dont like the way that system is run, but other than that, it's my preference.
    Probably the cost to use it. I think our league is something like $100USD which cuts heavily into your winnings depending on league size & buy in.

You get what you pay for though, FT is free, and the interface isn't has tidy/flashy. It is effective though.