Thread: Semien signs with Texas

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Semien signs with Texas

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...baiVNH6DA&s=19

Marcus Semien, official says, will receive $175 million for seven years from the #Rangers. @JonHeyman on it
    Much like Matz, too much term and I'm glad the Jays didn't go there. Sad to see him go but glad they are saddled with that contract.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Semien signs with Texas

Yep that's a massive contract I'm glad they avoided.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

totally baseball ignorant. Did I understand correctly that the Jays will get something back since they qualified him?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by COLT.45 View Post
    totally baseball ignorant. Did I understand correctly that the Jays will get something back since they qualified him?
    You got it.

Since the Blue Jays qualified Semien this off-season under the current CBA, they now receive an extra draft pick in the Competitive Balance Round B at the end of the second round. Texas forfeits its second highest pick in the 2022 MLB Draft and $500,00 in international bonus pool money.

Dobber Sports Titan

Good on Semien turning a 1yr prove it deal into a 7yr, 175mill deal. A yr ago no one really wanted him, now he's a face of a franchise again.

It's a deal I'm sure transpired because teams were fine giving him a 5yr deal, then a couple upped it to 6yrs, and then Texas said Eff it, 7yrs and they were the only ones to offer 7.

7yrs to a 31yr old, who turns 32 in September (so he's a Ranger at 39 technically) is ridiculously dumb.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Good on Semien turning a 1yr prove it deal into a 7yr, 175mill deal. A yr ago no one really wanted him, now he's a face of a franchise again.

It's a deal I'm sure transpired because teams were fine giving him a 5yr deal, then a couple upped it to 6yrs, and then Texas said Eff it, 7yrs and they were the only ones to offer 7.

7yrs to a 31yr old, who turns 32 in September (so he's a Ranger at 39 technically) is ridiculously dumb.
    Yep. I understand they have a lot of room but even if they get another couple big ticket players. They have one of the worst rotations in the league.