Thread: Chances of Swayman being sent down?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Chances of Swayman being sent down?

I’m seeing news of Rask nearing a return, which the only plausible scenario I see is a re-signing in Boston. If that happens, I’m assuming Swayman gets sent down and stays there barring injury.

What do you think the chances of this becoming reality are? I have a window around Christmas where I can send a player back to my farm, which I would do if it looks like Swayman might be reassigned for the remainder of the season.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Chances of Swayman being sent down?

I believe I mentioned this in a previous thread last week. Swayman is still waiver eligible so yes, he's going down if they decide to bring Rask back. You can pretty much book that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yes, Jeremy Swayman is waiver exempt... so he clears. And yes, it was I who posted that. The idea was always for Boston to resign Tuukka Rask making Swayman the odd man out. He's only shown to be strong against weaker competition this season. Linus Ullmark has had the much tougher matchups and if it wasn't for Linus tweaking something prior to the Sabres game, it was his start originally, which makes sense since coaches often use their goalies against former teams as they know their former teammates goto in practises. Given how that game went, could have easily been Ullmark with the bulk of starts as of today. Damn injuries and matchups have tempered his rhythm.... but this game should have helped him find his groove. 36 saves.

Now this is the thing, Ullmark needs to stay healthy. History hasn't been too kind to him or his owners, in that regard.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's very likely that Swayman gets demoted if Rask returns at least for days when they are no issues or games, to accrue some more cap space. I'd think he will be in the AHL for a decent bet if both Rask & Ullmark are healthy, but that's highly questionable.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.