View Poll Results: Which players will sustain or exceed their current pace(s)?

Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • Drake Batherson (Scoring pace = 88 points)

18 20.93%
  • Tyler Bertuzzi (Scoring pace = 78 points)

13 15.12%
  • Oliver Bjorkstrand (Scoring pace = 82 points)

34 39.53%
  • Tony DeAngelo (Scoring pace = 82 points)

23 26.74%
  • Johnny Gaudreau (Scoring pace = 98 points)

36 41.86%
  • Mikael Granlund (Scoring pace = 82 points)

10 11.63%
  • Boone Jenner (Scoring pace = 60 points)

23 26.74%
  • Kirill Kaprizov (Scoring pace = 94 points)

59 68.60%
  • Chris Kreider (Scoring pace = 74 points)

24 27.91%
  • Jordan Kyrou (Scoring pace = 86 points)

6 6.98%
  • Andrew Mangiapane (Scoring pace = 66 points)

27 31.40%
  • Elvis Merzlikens (GAA = 2.41; SV% = 0.929)

29 33.72%
  • Jonathan Quick (GAA = 2.25; SV% = 0.928)

6 6.98%
  • Lucas Raymond (Scoring pace = 78 points)

20 23.26%
  • James Reimer (GAA = 2.31; SV% = 0.927)

4 4.65%
  • Igor Shesterkin (GAA = 2.22; SV% = 0.933)

55 63.95%
  • Chandler Stephenson (Scoring pace = 78 points)

12 13.95%
  • Robert Thomas (Scoring pace = 78 points)

12 13.95%
  • Jakub Voracek (Scoring pace = 78 points)

16 18.60%
  • Tom Wilson (Scoring pace = 78 points)

13 15.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Strong Starts?

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Strong Starts?

Although we're now at the one quarter mark of the season, some players unquestionably are still producing numbers that won't prove sustainable. So who are those that will stay as productive as they are now, versus those who'll come back to earth? That's what it's up to you to decide here.

I've listed 20 players who are producing better numbers than were expected. The extent to which those numbers exceed expectations doesn't matter for purposes of this poll, on whether they can keep up - or even improve upon - their current pace(s). I say pace(s) because I've included skaters (where scoring pace the relevant measuring stick) and goalies (where GAA and SV% are what's being assessed). You should vote for any and all players you believe can at least sustain their current pace(s) by the end of the season, with their pace(s) denoted after their name. Oh, and injuries don't matter. That means if a player is scoring at a 78 point pace, you should vote for him if you believe he'll post 78 if he plays all 82 games or if he maintains at least a 78 points but in fewer than 82 games. One last note - if you don't see a player here who is exceeding expectations, it's either because I thought it was too obvious he'll not sustain his numbers or because I felt these 20 simply represented better overall choices.

As usual, please post who you voted for and why, so your fellow Dobberites can get added insight.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Strong Starts?

I voted for five players:

Bertuzzi - Yes, the vast majority of his points came in just four games, but that explosiveness, plus favorable deployment, should keep him scoring at this rate or even higher
    Bjorkstrand - He just keeps getting better and this is the season where he become elite
    Gaudreau - He had 17 points in 14 games in Q4 last season when put on a line with Tkachuk and Lindholm, so this isn't new, plus he's an impending UFA
    Jenner - Sometimes new coaches give players a chance and they show they had the talent to do much better than was thought
    Kaprizov - Who needs a number one center or offensive defensemen; this guy can truly do it all and 2021-22 is the year he becomes a superstar
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Mangiapane, Raymond, and Shestyerkin for me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Shestyrkin, TDA and Kreider.

Batherson, Bertuzzi and Kyrou, no way. I'd put a lot of money on it.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.