Thread: Meier

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Meier

Would now be a bad time to trade him? I've had him and been burned before, but I also had him when he broke out, and this year he is getting more minutes, and his shooting % looks very sustainable..

Would a Guentzel potentially be an upgrade/what would you offer for him? I was thinking Meier and some type of pick, as Guentzel is more proven.

I've also got Batherson who is coming off of IR next week, and in my mind it doesn't hurt to hang onto both and enjoy their production, but at the same time if I can get an upgrade I'd move one.

Another option was Batherson and a 1st for M Tkachuk, but that was pre Tkachuk's hot streak, and I think that's an overpay..
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Meier

Based on his age and deployment, I think that he is ready to take the next step this year. But if you can sell him to someone who thinks his 98 point pace is sustainable, I would definitely listen to offers.

Dobber Sports Monster

I love Meier but I'd definitely trade him for Guentzel. I'm sure not everyone would agree, but it seems like a good sell high.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

It's always a fine line on when to trade someone. Right now, this is the perfect time to trade him but also the perfect time to enjoy the ride. His value is pretty high right now. If you can get him for someone like Guentzel, I'd try it. Send him a straight up offer and see where it goes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

in your set up i think its good deal to get Guentzel but im not sure how much better he will be than Meier..i think something between what he was last year and what he is right now is where real Meier is...i do think he is around 70 points mark for most years to come...he also hits a lot. In multicat leagues, he is slowly become one of top 10 wingers and could be even better imo but in your set up he looses some value.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would definitely go for Guentzel. I actually traded Meier and a 3rd round pick for Guentzel earlier this year during his slow start. I think Timo is ready to reach some of his highest potential, but I don’t think he is a 90 point player. See if you can make a deal before Timo slows down a bit.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Timo is not a 90-point player and neither is Guentzel. Based on prior consistency, i prefer Guentzel but I think Meier is hitting his stride and will be Guentzel's equal. One thing to watch out for is the potential return of Kane and how that might affect Meier's playing time. It would be foolish to demote Meier given how he's performing, though.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.