Thread: MacKinnon trade?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default MacKinnon trade?

Hi all,

Keeper points league.
    G=3, A=2, PPP & SHP = 1 respectively.
    Shots/hits/blocks =0.2 respectively.

My keepers carried over into this season were:
    Mcdavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Marchand, Fox & Vasilevskiy. I won our league last season.

So far this year I am 5-1 and looking good. I was able to draft Lindholm & Kreider in the first few rounds of my draft.

I have received an offer that I am tempted to accept;

Kyle Connor, Morgan Rielly & a 1st round pick next year for:
    Nathan MacKinnon, Kirby Dach & a 16th round pick next year.

Should I say yay or nay??

Your thoughts and insights are greatly appreciated.

LM

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: MacKinnon trade?

In a Keep 6, absolutely not. Your keepers are incredible, and that’s such an ongoing advantage for you that a single 1st rounder isn’t close to enough to give that up. If you want to trade a keeper to get pick upgrades, consider Marchand, since he’s the only older player in your top 6.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    In a Keep 6, absolutely not. Your keepers are incredible, and that’s such an ongoing advantage for you that a single 1st rounder isn’t close to enough to give that up. If you want to trade a keeper to get pick upgrades, consider Marchand, since he’s the only older player in your top 6.
    Thanks for the message!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Replacing MacKinnon with Connor will hurt down the road, but it helps now. If MacKinnon's injury bothers him all year, it'll be a fine upgrade for this year only. Connor is keeper worth, especially if you break out forward positions.

Rielly for Dach is a big win for you, and the pick is a win for you. I suspect this deal makes you clearly better this year (Reilly versus Dach), next year (pick upgrade), and then slightly worse most of the rest of the way. If you want to focus on the next 2 years, go for it, if not, don't.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As per your keepers its basically Mackinnon for Connor + a nice draft pick... But I'm asking more for Macdaddy and you have Mcdavid, Drais, Mackinnon, Vas, old man 100 point Marchand and the reigning Norris winner... I see no point in making this deal. Damn what a nasty keep 6 you have.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Stud

It is a well-constructed offer but I wouldn't bite.
    Mackinnon is just on another level compared to Connor.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks guys for your advice. I refused the offer. I think you are right that trading him should garner a better return. Thanks, LM