Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Evander Kane

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Evander Kane

the fact people give this asshat the benefit of the doubt is astonishing.

guy should be gone from NHL for good. Biggest tool we've seen in the league in a while.

Got some more words for him but I'll leave it at that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Shocking!
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Yup, really raking him over the coals here. Should I jump to the opposite conclusion and claim that you're White Knighting for Evander? Nah, that would be silly.

Like J0e Th0rnton, Axeman33, and Wonko have mentioned, trouble follows Kane around. Some problems may be anecdotal while other issues are pending resolution, but the odds of all these claims being some sort of character assassination at this point are slim to none and have instead added up to become legitimate reasons TO question his character. I don't think it becomes any reason to dogpile on him when new accusations emerge but the benefit of the doubt has run very thin.

And for the record, if you look back just a few posts prior, I'm not calling for him to be "cancelled" or anything, I'm really fairly indifferent to his plight, and believe some team out there will be willing to give him another chance.
    Great post. I agree 100%.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...240001027?s=20

Pierre LeBrun
    @PierreVLeBrun

The NHLPA officially filed the grievance on Sunday night on behalf of Evander Kane, opposing the San Jose Sharks' termination of his contract. Timing in the matter still to be determined.

Kane's agent Dan Milstein says there's lots of interest from a number of teams for his UFA client. Would be a one-year deal for rest of the season whenever he finds a new NHL home.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Veteran

He won't be a FA for long.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm confident there's a team he'll sign with this season. Not sure when and how it'll work while his grievance is sorted, but I think it'll happen eventually.

Seems Vancouver isn't a team that contacted his agent but Kane plans on contacting Vancouver to gauge their interest.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm willing to bet that Evander Kane does not play an NHL game this season. Who wants to play?

The last bet I placed on a player not playing an NHL game won me a free Platinum Fantasy Package from Dobber himself!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Evander Kane does not play an NHL game this season. Who wants to play?

The last bet I placed on a player not playing an NHL game won me a free Platinum Fantasy Package from Dobber himself!
    If you believe the lastest 32 Thoughts podcast, listening to EF talk about Kane, he is under the impression there's at least 10 teams who are "sniffing around". I don't like it, but I wont be surprised if he's not back playing this year for a team after he and the Sharks come to a settlement of some sort.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you believe the lastest 32 Thoughts podcast, listening to EF talk about Kane, he is under the impression there's at least 10 teams who are "sniffing around". I don't like it, but I wont be surprised if he's not back playing this year for a team after he and the Sharks come to a settlement of some sort.
    The same thing was said about Tony Deangelo last year and look how that played out.

The other fact that makes my side of the bet better is that because the NHLPA is fighting the termination, he won't be able to sign a new contract until that is resolved. It would be a bit awkward to have the NHLPA's wrongful dismissal be victorious while having Kane with a new NHL contract. He can't exactly have contracts with multiple NHL teams at the same time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The same thing was said about Tony Deangelo last year and look how that played out.

The other fact that makes my side of the bet better is that because the NHLPA is fighting the termination, he won't be able to sign a new contract until that is resolved. It would be a bit awkward to have the NHLPA's wrongful dismissal be victorious while having Kane with a new NHL contract. He can't exactly have contracts with multiple NHL teams at the same time.
    They talked about that too. The expect a settlement to happen sooner rather than later. SJ clearly doesn't want Kane back and are afraid, if this goes to an arbitrator (which is where it would head) there's always a chance he could file in Kane's favor and thus making his contract legal again. They expect a settlement to happen between the Sharks and Kane, allowing Kane to move on. We'll see.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Is Kane allowed to sign a contract before the grievance is settled? Presumably if he wins his grievance, the SJS contract would be reinstated?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Is Kane allowed to sign a contract before the grievance is settled? Presumably if he wins his grievance, the SJS contract would be reinstated?
    Technically, he is without a contract today so I am assuming the answer is yes, he could.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    More likely than not, if he wins the grievance the same thing will happen to him as happened to Mike Richards where San Jose will just agree to pay him the value of his contract. Not sure how signing a new contract would play into that as Mike Richards never signed another deal.

The real "people" who should be grieving this contract termination are the other 31 NHL teams. San Jose just arbitrarily gave themselves an extra $7,000,000 in cap room for each of the next 4 seasons.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

https://mobile.twitter.com/cmasisak2...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I would assume this to be the case because Kane was effectively terminated. The grievance most likely gets him and the sharks out if the contract but the sharks will end up settling and paying Kane with no cap hit.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports All-Star

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...is-there-a-fit

His style of game would add great much needed depth to Edmonton, but do they really want that cancer in the dressing room?

Do you sell your soul at the crossroads for a shot at a cup.....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen