Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Evander Kane

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Evander Kane

Any chance this "breach in AHL protocols" results in another suspension?
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I bet most teams would love to have the skill and hate to have the cancer. I think the list is shorter than you think.
    I would agree that the list would be short as well. Not many teams want to have to deal with all his s!#t. He just has a blatant disregard for following rules and protocol in general.

The rumored latest is just yet another example:

https://twitter.com/KKurzNHL/status/...246258182?s=20
    Last edited by BlackhawksFan; January 8, 2022 at 3:55 PM. Reason: link
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Is he actually vaccinated now?

This came out too

https://twitter.com/emilymkaplan/sta...YzcIcRSqA&s=19

The San Jose Sharks are looking to terminate Evander Kane's deal for breach of contract.

According to sources, Kane violated league rules by traveling home to Vancouver while in COVID protocols. TBD if he files a grievance.
    https://t.co/oJ9HjxHgw9
    Also:

https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/stat...qA0Avjrfw&s=19

Re the @SanJoseSharks termination of Kane’s contract. ; I’m told there’s a chance their could be a grievance , and he’d be a free agent tomorrow. Plenty of moving parts in a fluid situation. @espn @NHLNetwork @NHL #HockeyTwitter
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Is he actually vaccinated now?

This came out too

https://twitter.com/emilymkaplan/sta...YzcIcRSqA&s=19

The San Jose Sharks are looking to terminate Evander Kane's deal for breach of contract.

Also:

https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/stat...qA0Avjrfw&s=19
    Crossing an international border while in Covid protocol? Maybe he is just too bone headed to change in any way, shape, or form even when he knows full well that he's under massive scrutiny.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Crossing an international border while in Covid protocol? Maybe he is just too bone headed to change in any way, shape, or form even when he knows full well that he's under massive scrutiny.
    Lets all make sure we demonize him before we have all the facts.

He tested positive for the coronavirus on Dec. 21. In a statement, the Sharks said Kane was terminated for “breach of his Standard Player Contract” and “violation of the AHL COVID-19 protocols.” According to several sources, there is a dispute over a flight to Vancouver on Dec. 29, while in the 10-day AHL protocol — whether or not Kane had medical clearance to do it.
    I’m sure we will hear the rest of the story in the coming days. I’m going to give the guy the benefit of doubt for the time being though.

He tested positive Dec 21, flew home on Dec 29. I don’t know the AHL protocols but that would seem to me like sufficient time to get a couple of negative tests in.

Does his daughter live in Vancouver? Would be pretty tough to be away from your kid over Christmas due to these protocols, particularly if you are asymptomatic. I know I would be doing everything I could to get back home to my kid. This is all speculation on my part though.

Also, given that the Sharks have been unavailable to find a trade partner and that the NHLPA sees fit to file a grievance, is it at least worth speculating that the club is trying to use a less than legitimate “violation” to terminate the contract?

Dobber Sports All-Star

When you look at Evander Kane's long list of poor decisions and egregious actions it is not hard to believe he made another error in judgement in this instance.

Evander is pretty predictable at this point. We can give him the benefit of the doubt a few times but after a while it just gets old.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    When you look at Evander Kane's long list of poor decisions and egregious actions it is not hard to believe he made another error in judgement in this instance.

Evander is pretty predictable at this point. We can give him the benefit of the doubt a few times but after a while it just gets old.
    Is he though? Many of the recent claims against him, including some of the gambling issue accusations and the issues with his ex-wife have been proven to be either false or not enough evidence to prove he had done anything wrong.

In fact, if I’m not mistaken, he was awarded custody of his daughter (at least on a temp basis) because his ex-wife seems to be much further off the rails than he is.

People seem to remember every accusation as if it was the truth when it comes to Kane. Yes he has done some foolish things. That has increased scrutiny on him for sure. But it’s worth remembering that many accusations about him have turned out to be overblown or outright false as well.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Is he though? Many of the recent claims against him, including some of the gambling issue accusations and the issues with his ex-wife have been proven to be either false or not enough evidence to prove he had done anything wrong.

In fact, if I’m not mistaken, he was awarded custody of his daughter (at least on a temp basis) because his ex-wife seems to be much further off the rails than he is.

People seem to remember every accusation as if it was the truth when it comes to Kane. Yes he has done some foolish things. That has increased scrutiny on him for sure. But it’s worth remembering that many accusations about him have turned out to be overblown or outright false as well.
    Whether the accusations end up being true or false, the fact remains that trouble seems to follow him like the stink trail coming from Pepe Le Pew's arse. Where's there's smoke, there's usually some sort of fire. It might not be an inferno, but there's fire. A lot of teams won't want that smoke at all.

I won't lie, I expect a team to sign him (please not Edmonton) but I also expect more smoke for Kane down the road.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Whether the accusations end up being true or false, the fact remains that trouble seems to follow him like the stink trail coming from Pepe Le Pew's arse. Where's there's smoke, there's usually some sort of fire. It might not be an inferno, but there's fire. A lot of teams won't want that smoke at all.

I won't lie, I expect a team to sign him (please not Edmonton) but I also expect more smoke for Kane down the road.
    Oh I agree with you 100%, I just take issue with people demonizing someone so quickly as soon as accusations break. But that’s more of a problem I have with society as a whole than just the Evander Kane case.

I fully expect a team to sign him and would welcome him on the Bruins on a short term deal because I think they have a strong enough leadership core to keep him relatively in line. Also because the Bruins are at their best when everyone is hating on them.

I don’t think Edmonton or Toronto or any other young team that has had trouble winning when it counts should take a chance on him. But a veteran team like Boston or Pittsburgh with some proven leaders could be a good fit.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Evander is that you?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Evander is that you?
    Haha, sh*t… busted. I’ve got nothing better to do with my time now that I’m “cancelled”

Dobber Sports Genius

Oh I agree with you 100%, I just take issue with people demonizing someone so quickly as soon as accusations break. But that’s more of a problem I have with society as a whole than just the Evander Kane case.

I fully expect a team to sign him and would welcome him on the Bruins on a short term deal because I think they have a strong enough leadership core to keep him relatively in line. Also because the Bruins are at their best when everyone is hating on them.

I don’t think Edmonton or Toronto or any other young team that has had trouble winning when it counts should take a chance on him. But a veteran team like Boston or Pittsburgh with some proven leaders could be a good fit.
    Cheers to this! Spoken like a fellow guy that has a crazy-ass ex wife. I’m with you.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Stud

Which ones were proven outright false?
    There is a difference between not enough evidence and proven false. Courts need evidence that they think will pass the "beyond a reasonable doubt" hurdle before they will waste taxpayers money. Which means they need to believe they can convince a jury 99% to convict. Jurors are instructed if they think there is even the possibility that the accused is telling the truth, to acquit. That's how OJ Simpson got off. But didn't get off in the civil suit. Because the parameters are different to lose a civil jury and just needs to tip the balance of probability to 51% by a preponderance of the evidence.

In any case, he wears out his welcome on every team he has ever played for and his teammates seem to hate him because he doesn't seem to like to conform to things like rules, regulations, structure or schedule.....you know, all the things that make the professional world go round. He is late for or misses practice, and sets a horrible example for youth. its no different than that guy who is always late for work in a regular job. Several sharks approached management and told them they want out or will not resign if he stays.

Where there is smoke, there isn't always fire. But in this case, its not just smoke. Its usually an atomic dust cloud and a scorched earth of teammates who dislike him and lawsuits.

And many of his problems were not solved. They are stalled under proceedings. The 2015/16 sexual assault case is still pending. The 2018 case where he allegedly promised money if a girl he was cheating on his wife with got abortions is still pending. He took a sweetheart plea bargain in the assaulting 3 women in a club case to make it go away. He is trying to litigate the amount down in the 26 lenders suing him for not repaying loans. lol

Also, at the time, the COVID protocol was isolate for 10 days. Kane went out COVID positive on Dec 22nd and was symptomatic. And was instructed to report to the Barracuda on the 31st provided he could a negative COVID test. Instead he flew to Vancouver on the 29th, the day they reduced protocol to 5 days isolation and didn't return until Jan 6th.

Either way, he is done with the Sharks. And the odds of him playing in the NHL again anytime soon is zero.
    Who wants to take a player known to be a locker room cancer with repeated covid violations while the virus rampages through the country?

Edit: and for the record, I hate cancel culture myself. im an innocent until proven guilty guy.

But this man attracts drama and trouble like a magnet, and all his teammates hate him. Even Coach Boughner released a statement saying he was never coming back to this team
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Lets all make sure we demonize him before we have all the facts.
    Yup, really raking him over the coals here. Should I jump to the opposite conclusion and claim that you're White Knighting for Evander? Nah, that would be silly.

Like J0e Th0rnton, Axeman33, and Wonko have mentioned, trouble follows Kane around. Some problems may be anecdotal while other issues are pending resolution, but the odds of all these claims being some sort of character assassination at this point are slim to none and have instead added up to become legitimate reasons TO question his character. I don't think it becomes any reason to dogpile on him when new accusations emerge but the benefit of the doubt has run very thin.

And for the record, if you look back just a few posts prior, I'm not calling for him to be "cancelled" or anything, I'm really fairly indifferent to his plight, and believe some team out there will be willing to give him another chance.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Deity