Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Evander Kane

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Evander Kane

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    I'm salivating at the possibility of getting Kuch, Eichel and Kane in my lineup for a playoff run. Even 2 of the 3 could be a series changer.
    Me too. Really hoping to see Kane and Eichel play this season.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Veteran

https://twitter.com/KKurzNHL/status/...377594886?s=20

Kevin Kurz @KKurzNHL 16h
    The Sharks and Evander Kane are on different schedules. While the team practiced at 11am and was likely all cleared out by 1pm at the latest, he wasn’t scheduled to get to the facility until around 2pm
    Which makes sense as I don't think he's allowed to practice with the team while suspended, but this is a good sign in terms of him getting into game shape.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

The more I read about this situation, the more I feel like the ONE possibility that makes holding Kane a waste of time will come true.

My new prediction is that Kane is not going to play for the Sharks. I think the Sharks will try to trade him, possibly getting him to play a few games in the AHL for conditioning or a showcase or whatever.

The issue is, it seems like NHL GMs have the worst ****ing time management ever when it comes to trades. Like the Eichel situation, where the BUF GM had an entire ****ing summer to trade him, he waited until 2 months into the season to accept a trade that was probably available 6 months earlier. So even though the SJS GM has had 21 games of Kane's suspension to shop him and negotiate a trade, I'd bet my left nut that he just started fielding calls on Kane this week. Meaning it could be literally months until Kane gets traded, all while he is likely listed as NA on Yahoo and impossible to stash.

I initially was niave, thinking Kane would either play for the Sharks, get traded immediately, or get shut down for the year in order to be bought out this offseason. But I forgot how gun-shy NHL GMs are when it comes to trades, so I'm starting to think it's inevitable that this will end up being a long, drawn-out process (which should have been dealt with while he was suspended), and it will end up being a waste to hold him.

I'm obviously going to hold until his suspension is over, but my hopes are starting to dwindle.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by snipshow101 View Post
    The more I read about this situation, the more I feel like the ONE possibility that makes holding Kane a waste of time will come true.

My new prediction is that Kane is not going to play for the Sharks. I think the Sharks will try to trade him, possibly getting him to play a few games in the AHL for conditioning or a showcase or whatever.

The issue is, it seems like NHL GMs have the worst ****ing time management ever when it comes to trades. Like the Eichel situation, where the BUF GM had an entire ****ing summer to trade him, he waited until 2 months into the season to accept a trade that was probably available 6 months earlier. So even though the SJS GM has had 21 games of Kane's suspension to shop him and negotiate a trade, I'd bet my left nut that he just started fielding calls on Kane this week. Meaning it could be literally months until Kane gets traded, all while he is likely listed as NA on Yahoo and impossible to stash.

I initially was niave, thinking Kane would either play for the Sharks, get traded immediately, or get shut down for the year in order to be bought out this offseason. But I forgot how gun-shy NHL GMs are when it comes to trades, so I'm starting to think it's inevitable that this will end up being a long, drawn-out process (which should have been dealt with while he was suspended), and it will end up being a waste to hold him.

I'm obviously going to hold until his suspension is over, but my hopes are starting to dwindle.
    Interesting take...I could see this exact thing happening. Throw in an ASG and Olympic break all of a sudden Kane isn't playing until March.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Genius

San Jose’s AHL team is located in the same building as the NHL team. If Kane is sent for a condition stint with the AHL Barracuda, he is going to be very close to the NHL team. The Barracuda do have a quick 3 game road trip on Dec 4, 5 and 7 and it could make sense that he gets in some reps in these games.

I do not get the sense that the Sharks (the team or the players) want Kane back. I think it is more likely that Kane is loaned to a KHL team for the remainder of this season than it is that he plays for the NHL Sharks.

I also do not see many fits around the NHL for Kane and his contract. Even if the Sharks are retaining 50% there are only a limited number of teams that even consider taking him on. I don’t think that the Canadian Hockey media will allow a team north of the border to touch him. Buffalo is out. Any team ‘building/rebuilding’ is out: Seattle, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Detroit, Arizona, etc… The only teams that might consider him are ones trying to get over hump, but the bad press and possible locker room issues make it hard trade to make.

Is there a team out there with a strong enough dressing room that is going all in willing to take Kane? Tampa, maybe? Boston? Colorado?

Dark horse: The New York Islanders. Would Lou actually take on this headache, even if it helps to solve one of their most pressing needs?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    San Jose’s AHL team is located in the same building as the NHL team. If Kane is sent for a condition stint with the AHL Barracuda, he is going to be very close to the NHL team. The Barracuda do have a quick 3 game road trip on Dec 4, 5 and 7 and it could make sense that he gets in some reps in these games.

I do not get the sense that the Sharks (the team or the players) want Kane back. I think it is more likely that Kane is loaned to a KHL team for the remainder of this season than it is that he plays for the NHL Sharks.

I also do not see many fits around the NHL for Kane and his contract. Even if the Sharks are retaining 50% there are only a limited number of teams that even consider taking him on. I don’t think that the Canadian Hockey media will allow a team north of the border to touch him. Buffalo is out. Any team ‘building/rebuilding’ is out: Seattle, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Detroit, Arizona, etc… The only teams that might consider him are ones trying to get over hump, but the bad press and possible locker room issues make it hard trade to make.

Is there a team out there with a strong enough dressing room that is going all in willing to take Kane? Tampa, maybe? Boston? Colorado?

Dark horse: The New York Islanders. Would Lou actually take on this headache, even if it helps to solve one of their most pressing needs?
    This was my (wishful) thinking as well.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    These are desperate times in Isles country, but Lou wouldn't even let Ho-Sang play for the team and he was just a disturbance, Kane is a full blown nightmare. I just don't see it.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    These are desperate times in Isles country, but Lou wouldn't even let Ho-Sang play for the team and he was just a disturbance, Kane is a full blown nightmare. I just don't see it.
    I don’t see it either, but at the same time, if there was a group of alphas (players/coaches/management) that could possibly neutralize Kane’s antics, it might be this New York Islanders team.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Chara's stare would be enough to keep Kane in line.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Sage

Kane's cap hit will be a lot more affordable come trade deadline when a large portion of it is eaten up... though doubt teams will want to take on Kane and all his risk if HE hasn't even played an NHL game all season.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    I think Chara's stare would be enough to keep Kane in line.
    Zdeno Chara, Matt Martin, Anders Lee, Barry Trotz, Lou… it goes on and on. It’s a man world on Long Island.

Administrator

I don't buy the tough guy narrative to keep Kane in line. They would be teammates. He would do well on a team with at least one great player he respects. Pittsburgh comes to mind.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I don't buy the tough guy narrative to keep Kane in line. They would be teammates. He would do well on a team with at least one great player he respects. Pittsburgh comes to mind.
    Agree that PIT is a possible fit here (partially for the reason ED noted). Also because Burke (in particular) and Hexy probably think they can rein him in with the allure of chasing a cup (and just focusing on hockey) for the next couple of seasons.

Not the same, but we're seeing (so far) ADA make it work on CAR and they're not exactly overflowing with 'character' guys or 'respected legends'.

SO much of this depends to me on how E.Kane himself comes across to any GM who is poking around. If he comes across as authentically contrite and willing to adapt... then I think a GM might take a swing.

NYR just keep coming to mind too (as weird as that is to type considering ADA last year)... but maybe I'm just programmed to think they're in on every 'major' player to some degree.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Initiate

ship him to arizona and let his career bleed out.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/sta...yhnlFF41g&s=19

With the news from @FriedgeHNIC that #SJSHarks will take on salary in a trade for F Evander Kane, will any team be enticed to take a gamble?
    I figure he'll get moved if they retain salary but I have no idea where he'd go.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."