Thread: All in!!! Youth for NOW.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default All in!!! Youth for NOW.

Just made this deal:

My Poolparty, Addison and Chychrun (this goddamn team is killing me), plus a 2nd
    for
    Kreider, E. Karlsson and Brannstrom.

I know I overpaid with my youth, but Chick and Addison meant nothing fantasy wise to me (actually Chick is a HUGE negative player). Kreider is a multi positional stud (JT miller type). Karlsson is becoming half the player that he was, and that is good news, and Brannstrom was a throw in.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: All in!!! Youth for NOW.

I like the deal for you

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    I like the deal for you
    A few other managers were on me for giving up Chick (although none of them would touch him with a 10 foot pole). Kreider (to me) is an upgrade over Poolparty. Karlsson for this year, is an upgrade over a negative points player and a minor leaguer. That's the way I looked at it.

Brannstrom is ahead of Addison in the learning curve. Here is hoping Ottawa trades him.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Padawan

Long term this deal looks ugly for you, but if the goal is to win now this should help

Dobber Sports All-Star

Serenity now, insanity later.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    Long term this deal looks ugly for you, but if the goal is to win now this should help
    100% agree with you. Point is to win. And I have a pretty good track record at finding diamonds in the rough in our drafts (as in I do the most research). For instance, in our waiver draft (Monday), I plan on taking Kylington and Lundqvist. Kylington may be gone, but i can guarantee that no one has even heard of N Lundqvist (NYR). I could easily draft Kyrou as well (or Jarvis, Mercer). I can replenish my youth with waiver pick ups (we have 2 per year) without having to drop anyone ( as long as our roster is less than 40) because I do not need VET help for this year.

Dobber Sports Guru

I have to ask: Is Poolparty supposed to Puljujarvi?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Initiate

LOL!!!

Yes.