Thread: Connor+ for Blackwood and Laine?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Connor+ for Blackwood and Laine?

Heys guys. Long time since ive used this forum but I have a hard time deciding wich way to go here. Here's the offer:

I get Laine, Blackwood
    I give Connor, Vilardi, Whalstrom, Chibrikov

Its for a H2H league with those cats: G,A,Pts,PPP, H+B, pim, sog, W, GAA, SV, SV%

Obviously, im giving the best piece here in Connor. ATM, im middle of the pack out of 16 team in the league but if we look at stats, im 2nd in skaters but 11 in goalie cats. My G are Shesterkin, Bernier, Smith, Mrazek; I realy need help there. So locking NJ G would surely help has I think this team is looking OK in the near futur (not great but OK). You have to know that we have a rule that prospect are farm eligible until they reach 82 games played. So Vilardi and Whalstrom may hurt me when come playoff time if they dont produce much since they will eat a roster spot. For now, I can stream them. So basicaly, the question is around the value of Blackwood who hasnt been an elite own for now in his career and also how Laine can replace Connor on my team.

Ty for any advice.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Connor+ for Blackwood and Laine?

I don’t like it. Connor is a lot more valuable, I’d be keeping him

Dobber Sports Star

I'd rather have the Connor side. Needing help at goalie is one thing, but if you're trading an asset like Connor and the goalie you end up getting is Blackwood, then that's not the right deal to make.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Don't like it at all, Connor is far and away the best player now and in the future. Laine whatever, Kyle just gives 'er no matter what.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I want to target a better goalie than Blackwood. WHo are the best 5-6 goalies in free agency, if any?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I want to target a better goalie than Blackwood. WHo are the best 5-6 goalies in free agency, if any?

There simply no goalie on the FA market. Top one is Hutchinson lol. So the price is prety steep.

The Great One

Don't do it. Read my Goldipucks piece that covered, among others, Blackwood (https://dobberhockey.com/2021/09/15/...rry-blackwood/). Cliffs - he's not a goalie I'd be eager to obtain, especially if it means parting with a stud like Connor.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

TY all. Im happy the owner of Blackwood tried to get more from my original offer.

Ill stay away from Blackwood unless the offer is fair.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ddtop View Post
    There simply no goalie on the FA market. Top one is Hutchinson lol. So the price is prety steep.
    That says a lot. I'm in a league like that, which is super deep. Any goalie who gets called up that isn't an emergency 40 year old rec league guy gets grabbed ASAP. Most prospects are owned. Still, good on avoiding Blackwood.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't like this trade for you at all