Thread: Drop Fiala for Thomas?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Fiala for Thomas?

Cap league, keep 8, start 6f 3d 1g. 12 team league, weekly starts.
    I have an old team, Ovi, Backstrom, Malkin, Pacioretty, and some younger guys loke Stone, quinn hughes, ekblad, guentzel, and fiala. Ive kept fiala for two years due to his hot finishes to the season. But again, he’s starting slow. Robert Thomas is available on the wire. Should I straight up drop Fiala for him? Other options that have much less pedigree but are producing are Copp and Chandler Stevenson.

Unless Fiala goes nuts again the rest of the year he’s probably not a keeper next year, not sure how many times I can give him a chance. Trades are possible, but not too common, and I don’t think Fiala in his current state would entice anyone in this league.
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Drop Fiala for Thomas?

I watched the Blues game last Sunday against Edmonton and Thomas looked fantastic. His vision, passing, and controlling the puck in the offensive zone is elite. Just wish he shot more and could get a few other stats. I don't really know enough about Fiala to tell you whether you should make the swap but I give a big thumbs up for Thomas.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Fiala will be fine just another slow start. He WILL go nuts- he always does

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd drop Fiala for Thomas at this point. Watch him to see if there are signs of him heating up, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Regardless on who you decide to drop, Fiala does tend to get hot at some point in the season and then continues it until the end.. Who knows what the guy does in off season. But I love Thomas this year and he has one of the best value contracts in the league at 2.8 mil, this year and next.

I've been following Thomas for quite a long time and I think he's finally hit his stride. His play making and skating are a deadly combo...

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Star

Fiala starts off slow, if you're keeping your head above water, you might want to ride it out. It's just a matter of time for Kaprizov to get hot and both will have a nice bounce back. I've been trying to buy low on Fiala on my league.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko