Thread: Fleury could be moved again

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Fleury could be moved again

So Marc-Andre Fleury's name appeared in Friedman's 32 Thoughts column briefly - talking about Blackhawks trade discussions generally. All he wrote is "At some point, there will have to be a Marc-Andre Fleury decision" https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...ng-canucks-go/

And I remember, I think it was on Friday, hearing Chris Johnston mentioning Edmonton as possibly looking at Fleury closer to the deadline.

Fleury is on the last year of his deal (7m per) and the Blackhawks are near the bottom of the standings so I think this may be an inevitable trade, even with the big cap hit.

Some thoughts
    - If I'm Fleury I want to be traded sooner rather than later so I can prove I can still play behind a solid D core to Team Canada
    - I'd also look at Lankinen as a bench stash in fantasy

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Fleury could be moved again

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Some thoughts
    - If I'm Fleury I want to be traded sooner rather than later so I can prove I can still play behind a solid D core to Team Canada
    - I'd also look at Lankinen as a bench stash in fantasy
    I think we do see a trade, but for above teams will be waiting to closer to trade deadline. Those type of teams are also likely the same teams right close to the cap, and thus would have to wait for Fluery's accrued cap hit to be higher (Or more salary retention by CHI which I doubt both sides would want to do)

If it's to a non contender I see the deal happening earlier.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd expect him to be dealt again. He's the kind of goalie who people will think will help a contending team get over the hump, but he's erratic enough night to night that I'd steer clear.

The question to me is, how much more will Chicago get than they gave up? They should be able to get more, but how much more?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Honestly, I don't think acquiring a goalie mid-season ever really works out. It's a big move mentally, and I don't know if a team really should be going out to acquire a goalie.

Can I fault a team like Edmonton in acquiring a goalie though? I don't think I can, but that's really the only contending team that I would think it's a good move getting a goalie.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

https://twitter.com/simmonssteve/sta...62622993829889

Source: Marc-Andre Fleury has told the Chicago Blackhawks he doesn’t want to be dealt at the NHL’s trade deadline - which essentially removes Fleury from the market.

this was rumoured for a few days but sounds like it might be official now, if you take Simmons word for it (not always the soundest reporting)

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

Source: Marc-Andre Fleury has told the Chicago Blackhawks he doesn’t want to be dealt at the NHL’s trade deadline - which essentially removes Fleury from the market.

this was rumoured for a few days but sounds like it might be official now, if you take Simmons word for it (not always the soundest reporting)
    he doesnt seem motivated at the moment but if the right situation presented itself in the next few weeks he could change his mind .

he initially wasnt going to report to chicago so who knows

Tweet is now deleted and I would personally never trust Steve Simmons reporting. I would in fact expect the opposite of whatever he says. Complete moron that one.

Dobber Sports Titan

I feel like MAF doesn't like moving.

Guy was fully prepared for months about moving to Vegas after spending 13yrs in Pittsburgh. Then spent 4yrs in Vegas (which is a long time for a goalie). Then he gets moved in shocking fashion when he's close to retirement with a family and kids who are in school. He might be ok moving to a new team in 2 weeks when the kids are effected as little as possible.

Any rumour around MAF I'll just be ignoring because it's all about what MAF wants and he's been flip-floppy in the past. It's all about what he wants, and he's already won cups so it's about being happy for him.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am going to start by saying I do not think MAF is getting traded. I believe when he got dealt to Chicago, he most likely had some sort of verbal agreement in place that he could decide if he wants to go or not.

That being said, if Chicago really wanted to trade him, that's their decision as his contract only stops them from dealing him to 10 teams. Nothing says they can't deal him to the other 22. I don't see it happening unless Fleury actually wants to go somewhere, which I do not believe is the case. I have no insider information or know anything anyone else here knows, I'd just call it a gut feeling.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Not really. If Fleury gets traded and doesn't want to go he just retires or refuses to show up and gets suspended.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not really. If Fleury gets traded and doesn't want to go he just retires or refuses to show up and gets suspended.
    Ya because of this I really wonder what Fleury's price would be if CBH want to move him.

Fleury is likely only willing to go to a couple of places, and teams are only going to acquire him if they are certain he wants to play...unless it's so small it's worth the risk which is what Chicago did.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    True, but that doesn't seem like his style either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."