Thread: 2 for 2 trade

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default 2 for 2 trade

I've been offered Fleury and Mercer for Domi and Kuemper. Not sure if it's worth it, but I'm not an expert based on my previous trades. What do you think?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: 2 for 2 trade

Dawson Mercer has the chance to be the best player here in the next 5 years. That being said, with MAF playing as awful as he is it makes it harder to decide. Can he turn the tide? He should be able to. He has the track record. I am also afraid whether he retires at season's end. If he plays until 40 like a Mike Smith, it makes things a lot easier. And then there's the Max Domi issue. How long will he be out for and can he find that magic again that saw him break 70 points. If he does, this deal could look very bad for you. Even if Mercer turns into a superstar.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you sit on it for a while?

- - - Updated - - -

The uncertainty of MAF's career makes me too weary of doing this.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Assuming this is a one-year league I pass.

Kuemper >>> MAF (at least in Chicago)
    In one year's Domi >= Mercer
    Mercer is an exciting rookie but I never trust rookies to produce unless they are absolute superstars.

Also, in general when asking for advice it helps to post your whole team roster and scoring format so we can give better information. Read the Stickied Thread for Newbies if you need more information on what to include.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ace

Is "Fleury" MAF or Haydn?

Regardless of which it is Kuemper is a better own than both of them in a 1 year league, and when I say "both of them" I mean all 3 of them. Mercer is a player I wouldn't mind owning but the other GM would have to convince me alot more than that to want to trade Kuemper for him. Mercer would be a throw in for me in a 1 year league and that's only if I have a droppable player I can replace. Volatile rookie performances are not something you ever want to wager your success on in 1 year league and as such, if they are the most attractive piece in a deal than it's probably a deal you should avoid doing.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson