Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can we finally say that Leon Draisaitl is the No. 2 guy in the league... and maybe...

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Can we finally say that Leon Draisaitl is the No. 2 guy in the league... and maybe...

In leagues that count FOW as a category I'm picking Draisaitl over McDavid. His LW eligibility gives the owner a huge value boost over taking McDavid.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Can we finally say that Leon Draisaitl is the No. 2 guy in the league... and maybe...

btw Those using the argument that Draisaitl is a product of McDavid, here's a stat for you...

Draisaitl has accounted for 61 percent of Connor's production and did the splits on the line to help make McD's last goal legal (or else it would have been called offside) and still was since his skate wasn't touching, but upon further review in Toronto, the Golden Boy gets his way...

McDavid has accounted for 55 percent of Draisaitl's production.

Now that can all change, but as of November 27, 2021, those are the numbers. 40 to 36 in favour of Drai.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    btw Those using the argument that Draisaitl is a product of McDavid, here's a stat for you...

Draisaitl has accounted for 61 percent of Connor's production and did the splits on the line to help make McD's last goal legal (or else it would have been called offside) and still was since his skate wasn't touching, but upon further review in Toronto, the Golden Boy gets his way...

McDavid has accounted for 55 percent of Draisaitl's production.

Now that can all change, but as of November 27, 2021, those are the numbers. 40 to 36 in favour of Drai.
    Anyone who watches the games doesn't need stats to tell you Draisaitl is not a byproduct of McDavid and vice-versa.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Anyone who watches the games doesn't need stats to tell you Draisaitl is not a byproduct of McDavid and vice-versa.
    I think even just highlights alone would be ample enough to tell you that

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's true, but never underestimate the power of stupidity. Realize how dumb the average person is, then remember, half are dumber than that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    That's true, but never underestimate the power of stupidity. Realize how dumb the average person is, then remember, half are dumber than that.
    Yup, we see it in Trump supporters, those defending the Rittenhouse case... and Covid deniers. lol

Plenty of fine examples of stupid around us.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Sage

Rittenhouse case had the correct outcome.
    The problem is if that were a black (or even minority) teen, it likely wouldn't have.

Dobber Sports Pro

#Let'sKeepPoliticsOffTheForum

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    Re: 2nd pick in dynasty start up

Very close with drais and Mack, I’d draft them in this order

Draisaitl
    Mackinnon
    Mathews
    Pastrnak

This was my answer on Sept 7 on a post for a new dynasty start up, the only thing that has changed is Draisaitl has made it easier to select him at #2. So yes i agree, he is the clear cut #2 choice
    I agree with this order, but I actually see Pastrnak slipping down the ladder a bit in my eyes.
    It's early, but he's on pace for 82 points this year, and was on pace for 82 points last year (48 pts/48 games).
    Bergeron and Marchand are both elite, and are getting up there in age and slowing down.

I see Pastrnak as a ppg guy, probably good for 80-85 pts. So I even have guys like Aho ahead of him now.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    Yup, we see it in Trump supporters, those defending the Rittenhouse case... and Covid deniers. lol

Plenty of fine examples of stupid around us.
    My eyes just rolled so hard I almost went blind. Time and a place for everything, not sure if this qualifies......

Leon is clearly a stud - they called him German Gretzky for a reason! I would take him 2 in any league. Regardless of scoring and roster format, I don't see how I could ever take him ahead of McDavid.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    My eyes just rolled so hard I almost went blind. Time and a place for everything, not sure if this qualifies......

Leon is clearly a stud - they called him German Gretzky for a reason! I would take him 2 in any league. Regardless of scoring and roster format, I don't see how I could ever take him ahead of McDavid.
    Leagues that play positions and categories that have FOW as a category. If Draisaitl has wing eligibility that's a huge advantage! In those cases I take Leon the professional over McJesus.

Dobber Sports Pro

True - the Category setup changes things. I mainly play points-based leagues, and while FOWs count, they are fractional points so the the difference between McDavid/Leon is marginal compared to Category scoring setups.

My leagues have also transitioned to F & D positional requirements instead of C/LW/RW so I haven't had to consider the dual-eligibility aspect in years.

Dobber Sports Titan

Even in a FW league I'm not sure I don't take McDavid. I feel like it would be easier to trade McDavid for Draisaitl then Draisaitl for McDavid in any league.

But the gap between the two are def slimming, but I still think McDavid needs another league above the NHL to play in. Not 100% sure Draisaitl is there yet.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

As an Oil fan ,I'm just thrilled there's a debate that either one or the other is the best fantasy forward to own.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nah. Mack plays better defensively. He’s #2 in real life.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis