Thread: Carlson/Mantha for Ehlers/Seider

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Carlson/Mantha for Ehlers/Seider

Salary cap pool, straight pts. Forever keeper. Cap only counts one day a year, I’m in the B Division and should make it to the A regardless of this trade. Dmen count 75% salary

Carlson (6mil, 6mil, 6mil, 6mil) he counts 4.5mil per
    Mantha (6.5mil, 6.5mil)

For

Ehlers (4.75mil, 6.5mil, 6.75mil)
    Seider (832,500k x 2) counts 693,750k
    3rd 2022 (I took Tarasov in the third last year, normally can get a similar prospect)

Which side do you guys prefer? Carlson has a beautiful contract but at the same time if Seider is the real deal he might be the best pt/salary D in the league

My team is below

McDavid
    Schiefele
    Lindholm
    Norris (Lose him at years end, we have a FA system that makes everyone lose 2 per year)
    W.Karlsson
    Lundell

Ehlers
    Gaudreau
    Fiala
    Rakell
    Skinner
    Johnsson

Kucherov
    Reinhart
    Pulj
    Keller (lose at years end)
    Kakko

Hughes
    Dahlin
    Girard
    Suter
    Seider
    Boqvist

Ullmark
    Shesterkin
    Jarry
    Kahkonen
    Tarasov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Carlson/Mantha for Ehlers/Seider

I prefer the Seider/Ehlers side! Mantha always gets hurt and I'm not a big fan of his game. Ehlers is slightly frustrating under Paul Maurice but I love his points upside either way. It's pretty likely that Carlson starts to slow down the next few years while Seider is just getting started. Watching Seider's assist from yesterday is a great example of his impact on the game. Transitions it from Dzone into the Ozone effortlessly, then softly backhand sauces it over the defenders stick to Fabbri who gives it to Suter for a goal. I think he will get a lot of secondary assists for that reason, and then him quarterbacking pp1 is the cherry on top (okay maybe that's also a big part of it ). Ehlers/Seider is also a combined age of 45 whereas Carlson and Mantha is 58.

So yeah, give me Seider/Ehlers.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt