Thread: Kuemper & goalie tiers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Kuemper & goalie tiers

Vasilevskiy and Kuemper are my main goalies. Weekly start 4.
    I have never been a big Kuemper fan. I’d like to look into moving him. However I don’t know how he compares to other goalies in his tier or tier above. Obviously all these guys won’t be available in trade discussions (Bobrovsky, Campbell, Ullmark, Shesterkin, Hart). I’m sure there are others.

Which couple of goalies would you target. Who would you stay away from ?
    Just looking for help to rank some guys around Kuemper’s value.

Andersen, Jarry, Saros, Lehner, Binnington, Markstrom.

Kuemper, Bobrovsky, Talbot, Smith, Campbell, Samsonov, Ullmark, MAF, Swayman, Shesterkin, Sorokin, Varlamov, Hart, Demko, Peterson, Elvis, Price, Grubauer.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Kuemper & goalie tiers

Out of that first group, I think youd be okay making that swap except maybe Jarry, who has shown he's a starter but still unclear what level of starter he is. Out of the next tier, I think Shesterkin is the only one I would trade Kuemper for, maybe. You should have no problem finding suitors for Kuemper, but you will obviously maximize value if he goes on an insane run first.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks man. Waiting for that run to happen. Will ride the wave until then.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't understand the insane hype around Kuemper. He's only started more than 29 games ONCE in his entire career. People go on about his career GAA and SV%. Well, it's a lot easier to maintain good GAA and SV% when you don't start more than 29 games in 8 of your 9 seasons. And he hasn't been a staple of health. Part of the reason he's played so little is injury.

Francouz should be back soon. Avs will not want to overuse Kuemper and get him injured before the playoffs. On top of the fact that he's just not used to starting that many games a season. They are almost a lock for the playoffs. Even if he doesn't get injured, they won't want to wear him out. There's no way Kuemper gets more than 60% of starts this season. I would be surprised if he ended up with more than like 51% honestly when all is said and done. Both he and Francouz have trouble staying healthy. But if Francouz does, I would expect him to get a huge chunk of starts. He played really well 2 seasons back when Grubauer got hurt and Francouz ended up being better on the season. Personally, I think Grubauer is a superior keeper to Kuemper anyway. I would be absolutely shocked if Kuemper finished anywhere near his adp. In my league right now, after 8 starts, he's not even in the top 25 goalies in any of my leagues in terms of production. And with him likely to get more rest as the season goes on, or get injured, I don't think he comes anywhere close to top 10 goalies. Even if Kuemper did get over 60% I don't know he will actually provide good GAA and SV% either as he's only really been tested one season of his career, which did turn out well.

There are so many goalies I would trade him for because people are so high on him. And I think it's mostly hype. Sure he's on a very good team. He will get a decent amount of wins. But if he only gets 50% of starts it's not going to make a huge difference. Plus I doubt his GAA and SV% end up anything better than average.

I would trade him for Shesterkin, Lehner, Markstrom, Sorokin, Saros, Merzlikins, Binnington, Gibson, Hart, Demko, Jarry or even Koskinen and any other goalie that is actually likely to get the lions share of their teams starts, but especially those who will likely also be on a plus 500 team. And obviously, because of the hype, you should be able to get a 2nd good piece in return along with some of these other goalies.

I've been suggesting this all summer and no one seems to believe me. But I stand by it.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

From your list:

Definitely: Saros, Lehner, Markstrom, Bobrovsky, Varlamov, Sorokin, Elvis, Igor, Hart, Ullmark.

Maybe Binnington, Andersen, Campbell.

Swayman I think won't get enough starts, but he may work out fine as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.