Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Eichel to vegas!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Eichel to vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think a lot of people are discounting the fact that Buffalo didn't retain salary in this trade. That was a big sticking point for them and eliminated a lot of teams out of the gate.

I also listened to the Adams press conference and a couple good questions were asked in regards to retaining salary. The biggest thing right now is Buffalo is BARELY above the league minimum salary cap. One reporter asked Adams why were they not willing to retain salary looking at their position in the salary cap world. Did they not eliminate a better deal from another team if they were willing to hold some cap? Adams kinda skirted the question but they simply were not willing to retain cap. He did say that he told all teams that, and some teams still made offers to him with Buffalo retaining cap, which were quickly dismissed because of the cap retention. That was a big sticking point for them. Eichel still has four more years after this one on his contract and clearly Buffalo didn't want to get stuck down the road.

As we all know, cap space is a luxury these days in the flat cap world and some teams will be looking to shed cap and pay to do it. I think Adams is smart keeping his cap space available to further benefit his team. Now to see if he can do something with it or not.
    I agree, not retaining any salary is a big win for them. However, I'm willing to bet that in 4 years when his contract would be off the books, Buffalo will be in the same situation they are now. Minimal prospects, lots of cap space, and a bottom feeder hockey club.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Unless Buffalo decided they wanted Krebs, and were going to take whatever package they could get that included Krebs, it is simply unforgivable for Calgary to not beat this package and allow another star player to go to a division rival. Time for Treliving to go.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I agree, not retaining any salary is a big win for them. However, I'm willing to bet that in 4 years when his contract would be off the books, Buffalo will be in the same situation they are now. Minimal prospects, lots of cap space, and a bottom feeder hockey club.
    Sounds like the Habs LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

After last years playoffs I think we should all know by now that the cap doesn't work as a sum of all active rosters by now. If Eichel only plays a 1/4 of the season his cap hit will be roughly $2.5M not $10M.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Great deal for Buffalo. They got rid of a guy they would never win with.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sounds like the Habs LOL!
    lmao at least they've won a few playoff rounds in the last decade! Buffalo hasn't even sniffed a playoff spot

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    After last years playoffs I think we should all know by now that the cap doesn't work as a sum of all active rosters by now. If Eichel only plays a 1/4 of the season his cap hit will be roughly $2.5M not $10M.
    This is very true. Talking cap now is in no ones wheel house here.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Vegas doesn't have enough LTIR space for Eichel's contract... this should be interesting
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

finally this is over with. i feel bad for jack that he had to wait this long as hes presumably been in pain this whole time while attempting to stay somewhat shape and hoping your surgery is coming soon

im not super worried about the cap for vegas. im 100% certain they know what they need to do to fit everyone when healthy for this season. for next season, theyll dump a useful player like dadonov, reilly smith and etc. for cap space.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Vegas doesn't have enough LTIR space for Eichel's contract... this should be interesting
    Without knowing Eichel, Stone, Patches, Bishoff, and Karlsson's (assuming he is shifted to LTIR) exact return dates there is no definitive way to judge how their cap will work out at the moment.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    What do you mean by this? From my understanding there's no limit to what you can have on LTIR. Stone likely went from IR to LTIR and Tuch from LTIR to IR prior to the trade, and then the trade happened and Eichel went from IR to LTIR. I don't think there's an issue with how this worked out because of the Stone LTIR possibility.

I could just be confused on your statement though.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I agree, not retaining any salary is a big win for them.
    I disagree. They eliminated better deals out the gate, because of their unwillingness to retain salary. They are barely at cap floor. That cap room is only an asset if they can use as such... like would be this deal.
    My guess we will see them end this season with cap room. Wasted potential. And then *insert rest of your post here*
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

If they capitalize on being a middle man on like 5 trades this offseason and gain assets...I guess it makes sense? But what asset would they really gain in that situation?

My own direction in this situation would be "I'm accepting the best deal" and not eliminate any. But, I get a team no wanting to retain money if you're not like the Leafs or Rangers. 1mill is still 1mill to some of these teams.

Dobber Sports Sage

Offseason or at trade deadline... Which likely won't happen to that extent that your suggesting.

It's just owner being cheap
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think a lot of people are discounting the fact that Buffalo didn't retain salary in this trade. That was a big sticking point for them and eliminated a lot of teams out of the gate.

As we all know, cap space is a luxury these days in the flat cap world and some teams will be looking to shed cap and pay to do it. I think Adams is smart keeping his cap space available to further benefit his team. Now to see if he can do something with it or not.
    Agree with these. I never wanted salary retained. Not sure there's anything worse than paying for a player who is playing for someone else. Cap space is worth it's weight in gold both in terms of acquiring players and acquiring yet more picks. That is a VERY good thing to come out of this for Buffalo.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith