Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NFL Trade Deadline

Dobber Sports Titan

Default NFL Trade Deadline

Couple of deals, big one was Von Miller to Rams.

Melvin Ingram to the Chiefs (weird move for a team that should be selling :-P)

Henry Ruggs was also involved in a car crash resulting in a death. He was charged with a DUI (he was treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: NFL Trade Deadline

Brutal story for Ruggs. His career is likely done.

Dobber Sports Titan

Watson will not be traded.

Houston granted Miami's owner to talk to Watson just yesterday. Imagine thinking that was enough time to make this type of trade. Blunder and a half

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Brutal story for Ruggs. His career is likely done.
    Lets call it a career limiting move. God knows the NFL is all about giving 2nd chances to those who don't deserve it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lets call it a career limiting move. God knows the NFL is all about giving 2nd chances to those who don't deserve it.
    He's on the Raiders, they look past these types of incidents. He'll be playing this Sunday if it's up to Mark Davis.

Dobber Sports Titan

I know everyone here is thinks the right way, but Terrible news about Ruggs is terrible news about the person his actions resulted in their death. Or at least his actions didn't prevent the accident (you can be drunk, and the other person runs a red kind of idea).

It's crazy how many times the drunk driver lives.

Dobber Sports Titan

NOS reach out to Rivers... ewwww. Really trying to do anything to stay relevant here.

You're telling me Rivers is a better replacement than reaching out to WFT about Allen or Heineicke? Or Rivers over Siemian? Really? I know Siemian wasn't good, but how much more of an improvement is Rivers over him lol.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    NOS reach out to Rivers... ewwww. Really trying to do anything to stay relevant here.

You're telling me Rivers is a better replacement than reaching out to WFT about Allen or Heineicke? Or Rivers over Siemian? Really? I know Siemian wasn't good, but how much more of an improvement is Rivers over him lol.
    Slam Bam thank you Cam?!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Send a 1st to the Jets for Mike White.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

I can't imagine watching Rivers shot put the ball down the field anymore. Watching him try to "throw" at this point makes my arm and shoulder hurt.

And in other news, I really don't know what some of these teams are thinking.

So many teams have rosters chock full of players they will never, ever use in any meaningful role that other teams actually would, or on teams that are basically done that they could move for useable future assets (e.g., Marlon Mack, Denzel Mims, Andy Dalton/Nick Foles, Philip Lindsay, Ty'son Williams to name a few ... and just on offense).

Not to mention really, really talented players that are totally miscast in their current situations and other teams undoubtedly would give up assets for as longer-term upgrades (e.g., Allen Robinson, OBJ, Evan Engram, Melvin Gordon ... again, just on offense and to name a few).

And then we have the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans. And the scuttlebutt is that the Miami trade broke down because:

Houston refused to budge on their asking price — "at least three first-round draft picks, two second-round draft picks, and perhaps more" — after catching wind that Watson was trying to settle his 22 civil lawsuits in order to join another organization. Watson is thus expected to stay put with the Texans as a $10.54 million healthy scratch this year.
    Who in their right mind is ever going to give that up for Watson at this point??

Especially based on the mere hope that he may try to settle the 22 lawsuits -- twenty-two. TWENTY! TWO! -- against him. As if it's a guarantee that all plaintiffs would be willing to do so, much less do so quickly. Or that there won't/can't be any related criminal proceedings. Or league discipline. Or other potential allegations/problems laying in the weeds somewhere. Or a lasting significant hit to his trade value in this day and age resulting from the sheer magnitude of the "allegations" against him and the inevitable PR sh*tstorm that will be following him for quite some time.

And so a bad team just remains really, really bad while paying a marquee player (who has vowed never to play for them again) millions and millions of dollars to sit on the sidelines or at home while his incredibly murky legal woes remain firmly up in the air.

I just don't get it.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    I just don't get it.
    1000% agree. Terrible "asset" management by some of these teams. More like Trade DUDline.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ruggs released from Oakland.

Right call for the social court. It's an easy decision and they did it quickly. NHL would have said they need to wait and do their due diligence.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Thomas done for year. Their offense could be anemic if teams shut down Kamara.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Thomas done for year. Their offense could be anemic if teams shut down Kamara.
    Thats what I was thinking... is it time to trade Kamara in any and all leagues?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thats what I was thinking... is it time to trade Kamara in any and all leagues?
    Not a bad idea to shop and see what offers you get. In season leagues for sure (particularly given the rash of injuries at the position). And even in keeper/dynasty leagues, who knows what next year brings.

The Saints could make a big splash with a Rodgers or Wilson type signing, but they could also really be scraping the bottom of the barrel for QB play. Also no guarantee that Thomas is back next year, and while I'd imagine they will be in the market for one of the big-name UFAs (Robinson, Godwin, Adams, Mike Williams, AB, JuJu, etc. are all UFAs in 2022), not all of those will make it to the market and those who do will be in some demand.

A lot of uncertainty in New Orleans going forward, and Kamara will (I think) be 27 at the start of next season. He's still got stuff left but he's starting down the back nine.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith