Thread: [Ideas] Kings seeking top 4 D

The Great One

Default [Ideas] Kings seeking top 4 D

With Doughty and Walker out long term the Kings are (duh) rumored to be looking for a top 4 D or two. Ideas on potential targets? Tough to make this happen while most everyone thinks they are still in it. Kings have a very good prospect pool right now. Maybe Columbus is a potential partner with the decent group of young D they have. It's also always a strength for the Canes. I don't know if Doughty and his $11 mil can go on LTIR but certainly Walker and his $2.65 mil can...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Default Re: [Ideas] Kings seeking top 4 D

Other teams who should probably be giving Rob a call...

Minnesota
    Montreal
    San Jose
    Detroit
    Buffalo
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

To link this with the Eichel thread and latest rumors (that I have absolutely no basis for doing, mind you)...

Wouldn't it be great from the Sabres' perspective if they could weasel a solid but unspectacular top 4 D-man out of whomever (Vegas?) as part the Eichel trade, and then flip that Dman to the Kings for a prospect or two. Who'd that be? Don't know. But maybe someone like McNabb could fit the bill? Granted, he's more of a #5 than a sure-fire top 4, but I can't see Vegas trading someone higher up in their D pairings. Anyhow, McNabb provides a fairly steady presence defensively on the backend and then let someone like Edler man PP1 duties in LA while Doughty is on the mend?

OK. It's a stretch insofar as both Vegas and LA are concerned. But a guy can dream of ways to jump start that (endless) rebuild and extract the most value possible out of an Eichel trade....

Or leaving my Buffalo pipedreams out of it, what about a guy like Erik Brannstrom to LA? Seems somewhat like the odd man out in Ottawa but still has plenty of potential. And I'm sure Ottawa wouldn't mind adding some more young prospect talent up front.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Genius

Maybe Rob could look at the Capitals, someone like Orlov or Jensen. Or TB for somebody like Rutta. Leddy or Stecher in Detroit. Quick thoughts.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent