Thread: Petry & Dahlin - Keep or Drop

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Petry & Dahlin - Keep or Drop

Most everyone's aware of MON's struggles so far and Petry seems to be as well, and I imagine he could turn it around but that team lost a lot of surrounding players. Buffalo is outperforming expectations but Dahlin isn't contributing and I imagine they will come back to earth soon enough. The rest of my D corps is solid I feel (Makar, Theodore, Klingberg, and Sergachev). Neither Petry or Dahlin have helped much and I'm wondering if there are better options out there.

Evan Bouchard is getting top pairing minutes with EDM but no PP time. Seider is getting top pairing minutes and PP time with DET. The main difference I see is the quality of teammates, while DET's top forwards aren't bad, none are McDavid.

What would you do - Drop Petry or Dahlin? Add Bouchard or Seider? Both/Neither? Thanks for any opinions.
    ESPN H2H Points 10 Team League
    2 C, 2L W, 2R W, 4 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench, 2 IR
    Skaters: G(5), A(3), SOG(0.2), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), DEF(1.14), FOW/L(0.2), PPG(0.5), PPA(0.25), SHG(1), SHA(0.5), PIM (-0.5)
    Goalies: Wins(5), SV(0.3), SO(5), OTL(1), GA (-2)

C: Point (RW), Eichel, Hischier, Mercer (RW)

L: Giroux (C/RW), Fiala (C/RW), Kuzmenko

R: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Marner,
    D: Q. Hughes, Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Heiskanen, Faulk,
    G: Binnington, Georgiev, Keumper
    IR: Forsberg (LW)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Petry & Dahlin - Keep or Drop

I would hold Petry and Dahlin.

Both have boatloads of opportunity. They will start putting up more points. Dahlin is closer, but I would still hold what you have.

Neither Bouchard nor Seider move the needle for me in any substantial way.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports All-Star

Two big names to think of dropping. Petry is really struggling but I still think he comes out of it. Dahlin should be better than he is but that whole Buffalo situation is an enigma wrapped in a bacon sandwich (mmm bacon). So for the near future I'd hold. Seider is very interesting though, if Petry is still struggling within 2 weeks maybe cut and add Seider if he's there (hopefully for you).
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Stud

I would hold for a bit, or maybe check to see if someone is willing to offer you someone with potential upside in a trade. I have to think Petry could still command some return in the trade market (less certain of Dahlin).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpy View Post
    Most everyone's aware of MON's struggles so far and Petry seems to be as well, and I imagine he could turn it around but that team lost a lot of surrounding players. Buffalo is outperforming expectations but Dahlin isn't contributing and I imagine they will come back to earth soon enough. The rest of my D corps is solid I feel (Makar, Theodore, Klingberg, and Sergachev). Neither Petry or Dahlin have helped much and I'm wondering if there are better options out there.

Evan Bouchard is getting top pairing minutes with EDM but no PP time. Seider is getting top pairing minutes and PP time with DET. The main difference I see is the quality of teammates, while DET's top forwards aren't bad, none are McDavid.

What would you do - Drop Petry or Dahlin? Add Bouchard or Seider? Both/Neither? Thanks for any opinions.
    Same boat with Petry. I'm giving him another week or two and then cutting ties either via trade or straight drop for someone else. Very frustrating indeed for any rostered Habs players. I actually dropped Dvorak a week ago and grabbed Holtby as I had a spare goalie spot. So far that was a win. I really think they are missing Weber and his leadership also Price, not sure if they right the ship this year.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    I would hold for a bit, or maybe check to see if someone is willing to offer you someone with potential upside in a trade. I have to think Petry could still command some return in the trade market (less certain of Dahlin).
    I thought the same but the managers in my league are... different. Making trades or even getting them to discuss on is like pulling teeth, but they work FA like mad. Someone dropped Girard for Shattenkirk because Girard was out and Shattenkirk had one good game. Girard was someone I thought about adding but decided not given I have Makar.
    ESPN H2H Points 10 Team League
    2 C, 2L W, 2R W, 4 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench, 2 IR
    Skaters: G(5), A(3), SOG(0.2), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), DEF(1.14), FOW/L(0.2), PPG(0.5), PPA(0.25), SHG(1), SHA(0.5), PIM (-0.5)
    Goalies: Wins(5), SV(0.3), SO(5), OTL(1), GA (-2)

C: Point (RW), Eichel, Hischier, Mercer (RW)

L: Giroux (C/RW), Fiala (C/RW), Kuzmenko

R: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Marner,
    D: Q. Hughes, Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Heiskanen, Faulk,
    G: Binnington, Georgiev, Keumper
    IR: Forsberg (LW)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpy View Post
    I thought the same but the managers in my league are... different. Making trades or even getting them to discuss on is like pulling teeth, but they work FA like mad. Someone dropped Girard for Shattenkirk because Girard was out and Shattenkirk had one good game. Girard was someone I thought about adding but decided not given I have Makar.
    Yeah, most of us have been there. As soon as you drop Petry someone will grab him, but will tell you he holds no value when you want to trade him! I would still hold for a little longer on him (Petry). Good luck!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hold Petry a couple more weeks. His issue is also a team issue. If the team can produce then he should improve.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Do not drop Petry. He will put up the points soon.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson