Thread: Traded Point & E. Karlsson for Tavares & Carlson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Traded Point & E. Karlsson for Tavares & Carlson

12 Team Dynasty | Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 3SKT, 2G, 12 Bench, 20 Prospects | G, A, Even-Strength Points, STP, SOG, HIT, BLK, FOW, PIM, W, GAA, SV, SV%

This was supposed to be a thread asking for thoughts on trading Point for Tavares+, but the other owner ended up accepting a counter that I didn't expect when I had just about finished writing this post. I already put in the work so I'm posting this anyways - still would appreciate thoughts though.

With all the struggles the leafs are going through right now, I figure this is probably the best opportunity to buy low on Tavares. Other owner has expressed interest in Point which I don't hate the premise of - Tavares is far better for FOW, HIT, BLK, and SOG though obviously there is an age difference and Point has the better offensive upside (assuming that Kucherov eventually stays healthy for a regular season). Right now I sent over an offer of my Point and E. Karlsson for Tavares and Carlson thinking to sell high on EK finally putting together a decent start with the sharks as well. Expecting that to be countered, would a prospect like Amirov, Bourque or Brisson be enough or should I try to hold out for a top 12 or so pick for this year's strong draft?

Full Team (*s are minor eligible)
    C: Point, Scheifele, Kopitar, Bergeron, Backstrom, Couture, Giroux, Pavelski
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, J. Robertson*, Palat, Benn, Schwartz, Bunting*
    RW: Stone, Hoffman, Perron, Rust, Mangiapane, Niederreiter, Radulov
    D: Josi, Rielly, Pietrangelo, Pulock, Werenski, Burns, Karlsson, Giordano, DeAngelo, Cernak, Forsling
    G: Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Fleury, Mrazek, Kahkonen*

Notable Prospects: Lundkvist, Kaliyev, Frost, N. Robertson, Coronato, Farrance, Kostin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Traded Point & E. Karlsson for Tavares & Carlson

I like the deal for you, primarily because Carlson is better than Karlsson.

This format helps Tavares enough to make the gap to Point small.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.