Thread: Lehner

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Lehner

10 Team H2H, Single Year W 4 GA 2 SV .2 SO 3 OTL 1

Last year I had Fleury regularly getting me points against the CA teams in the West. With him having moved on I had no goalie in the West. I picked Lehner up on waivers yesterday and the result was not so good. With Pacioretty and Stone out I have less of a cushion if he has a bad day. Is he still a keeper?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Lehner

What does the rest of your team look like (specifically goalies). Since it's H2H league, your other Gs are a major factor here. Vegas' schedule is advantageous though they play less games at end of season than other teams. Some things to consider about Lehner... He has the money contract and his back up doesn't have pedigree to sustain a full takeover. He has mental health issues. This is one thing for the general public to manage with medication and therapy/coping skills/meditation/diet, however, he is also a goalie - which makes him fukin nuts. His team has the injury bug, and last night he played against the two best players in the league offensively. I have him. I am gonna hold fast unless I can get Shesty, Vasi or Helley for him. Vegas is deep and will still win and then win more when healthy later in year - when many of us need it most. Last point is that LA without Doughty will lose a lot more... SJ and ANA are false starts, and SEA looks offensively lethargic. Market correction on the way as the season is young. Nice waiver pick up BTW!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Novice

I am in 12 leagues. I have BOB 7 times from draft. I have Vaneck 9 times from draft. I have picked up the following 1 time each off waiver wire: Lehner, Varly, Knight, and Ullmark. I took Vasilevsky once in draft. I am hoping those will be my core all year. Currently I am rotating Sorokin, Greiss and Swayman. I see Sorokin losing time to Varly and Swayman losing time to Ullmark. In terms of Greiss, I am hoping Detroit improved this year. My F and D are at or near the top in every league, so I will be happy with medium points and a fair amount of games from my #3. Leagues are close so avoiding disaster games is a priority. I also can pick Grubauer up once for sure, I think twice. I am not sure SEA is much, if any, better than the CA teams but am chewing on that. Right now I am circling like a vulture hoping I can get a couple more good goalies who have a couple bad starts. Also watching for any goalie with a pulse playing BUF and AZ. In the interim I guess I should keep Lehner and hope he doesn't flip out and go off the tracks.

I would kill for your 4 IR slots. I have 1 and have 2 or 3 out in several leagues. Patches and Stonie were great before they both went down!

Dobber Sports Ace

Those 4 spots are temporary (just last season and this season hopefully)... that was our COVID defense mechanism, lol. It is very nice, but will be gone next season (pray GOD).
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Novice

I just did a quick check and Grubauer is available twice. Sammy is available twice (think WA will will win a lot this year - might add him in a league with no Vanecek). Holtby is available 4 times. I got smoked by him last year, but Dallas plays much better D than Vancouver. If he has his old form I like him better than Khudobin.

Dobber Sports Novice

I dropped Greiss (fortunately did not have him in net) and Swayman (Ullmark back) and was able to replace them with Holtby in 11 leagues. I now have him more than any other goalie, for better or worse.

THANK YOU SOROKIN!!! He won close contests in 4 leagues for me with b2b shutouts of 25 and 42 saves.

A quick question. Knight is available on waivers in 2 leagues. I am thinking he may be generational. He is playing on the team I have projected as top scorer in the league. My only question is whether he will get enough starts.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Genius

It is a matter of time before Sorokin takes over that NYI net. He was a bit shaky to start the season but he's locked it down in his 3 wins. As for Lehner, be patient, he's on a very good team that is struggling right now. He will reward you soon enough. Good luck in all those leagues.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent