Thread: Vanecek vs Sorokin vs Petersen

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Vanecek vs Sorokin vs Petersen

How would you rank them, only wins and shutouts.... thanks!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Vanecek vs Sorokin vs Petersen

Not an easy question. Barring a lights-out from Sorokin really soon, I think the Islanders won't hesitate to use Varlamov as the 1A, which takes Sorokin out of the running for besting the others in wins. That leaves the question of whether you believe Vanecek's usage to date is real. If it is, then Vanecek stands to out-win Petersen given their relative team strength. If not, then Petersen has a decent shot as he seems to be the one of the three who will get the most starts. I think Vanecek is for real and will be given 1A status, or at worst split 50/50. Even with all of the above, I think that Sorokin ends up with the most shutouts, as his talent and team would seem to be the best environment for fostering no goal games. But Vanecek's wins should outpace Sorokin's.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Everything being equal, Sorokin, VV then Peterson. The way it is at this moment with 2 of those goalies having some form of competition: Peterson, Sorokin/VV. Pure talent: Sorokin, Peterson/VV. 1 year, Peterson, more than that Sorokin. But even after saying all that I’m a huge Sorokin fan so I’d still take him out of the 3. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Star

It should be said that my rankings were for one year. If it is dynasty, then it is Sorokin by a light-year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the in forth responses....I just need for this year, only Sorokin would even be considered a keeper of the 3, but I just need to win now with my roster.

Petersen is going to have a better year than most expect but I'd have to give up a pick to get him...I can get either vv or sorokin free. Sorokin had a chance to run while Varly was out but kind of faltered and Varly is back...VV I never really believed in but I also believe in Samsonov even less so there's that.

Hopefully that gives more context.