Default Thoughts on Returns

Please rate these offers:

My Drasaitl

For

His MacKinnon + 3rd in 2022

My Draisaitl

For

His Petey + Rantanen + 3rd in 2022

I have Hall and Seguin expiring, so I'll have room for 2 new keepers going into next year, either via trade, or someone I drafted this year, or both.

If I do the first deal, I go MacKinnon @ 4 and have Hughes @ 2, and have to figure out 1 & 3 year slots.

If I do the second deal, I go Rantanen @ 4, Petey @ 3 and Hughes @ 2, and have to figure out 1 year slot.

I really do like the looks of Rantanen & Petey as my long term keepers, it is no Drais obviously but nice to get a winger + centre for a winger/centre, vs just getting MacKinnon (IMO), as Rantanen plays with MacK all the time anyways.

Also my team is doing well, sitting in 4th early and I've still got Backstrom and Varly out for a bit, plus I haven't depleted my picks in trades.

So say I did Rantanen & Petey, I'd argue that is as productive as say Drais and a Batherson or Kubalik type, I view Batherson and Kubalik as good young players, but more depth options atm, plus it sets me up well for the future.

So when healthy, I could roll out Petey/Kopitar, Hall/Palat, Seguin/Rantanen, Hughes/MacAvoy, Backstrom, and then Varly or Demko, and have a solid bench (I added Meier and Couture via waiver claims) + have Mantha.

I'll have some decisions to make when fully healthy, but I'll just drop whoever warrants it.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Thoughts on Returns

Anyone?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

I am holding on to Draisaitl here. The other players are all good pieces, but If I had to pick one from these names, it is Draisaitl.

Mack and Drai are super elite but I want the guy playing with McDavid.

I want to see Petersson score 100 twice before moving him up a couple tiers.

Rantanen is an excellent player but he is not Draisaitl.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Stud

3rd ROUND (I’m guessing), or 3rd overall? Third round is worthless. He wants Draisaitl, it’s worth elite player + 1st.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I am holding on to Draisaitl here. The other players are all good pieces, but If I had to pick one from these names, it is Draisaitl.

Mack and Drai are super elite but I want the guy playing with McDavid.

I want to see Petersson score 100 twice before moving him up a couple tiers.

Rantanen is an excellent player but he is not Draisaitl.
    I only have him for this season and next at most, and the chances of landing McDavid are slim as the gm will be unreasonable I'm sure and want Draisaitl ++ or something.

Also I know Drais plays with McDavid lots but they seem to be running him with RNH & Yamamoto atm, mind you not worried about that but just pointing it out, since they brought in Hyman and he's solid playing with studs.

Isn't the time to buy Petey before he busts out though for ppg or better?

And yeah of course Rant isn't Drais, I'm simply saying Rant + Petey is at worst a wash vs Drais and the guys I'm playing like Kubalik and Batherson.

I do believe I can still compete for the title this year, these moves don't take me out of that conversation.

I just don't want to be in a position where he's expiring and I get low balled relative to his value, since guys know I have to move him..

Also I love Drais but I want to have good, young keepers going forward vs just having a top guy and the others with question marks.

I've been drafting pretty well in this league overall, so between that and keepers overall being solid I've stayed competitive.

And how many guys crack the century mark? Need to see him hit 100 a couple of times? lol, I'd take 80-90.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    3rd ROUND (I’m guessing), or 3rd overall? Third round is worthless. He wants Draisaitl, it’s worth elite player + 1st.
    3rd round, and I wouldn't say it's worthless, it is still a starter spot and yeah we're keep 4 + rookie carry-over but with MacKinnon or Rantanen/Petey that's pretty solid still.

There is no way I am getting an elite player + a 1st, the deals I have outlined at the offers thus far, and MacKinnon is elite lol, he's just maybe not quite Drais level atm, but not too far behind based on ppg past several seasons.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I only have him for this season and next at most
    That is great. Two years of Draisaitl. Woohoo!

Isn't the time to buy Petey before he busts out though for ppg or better?
    "If" he busts out though for ppg or better. Pettersson has 156 points in 171 games.

And yeah of course Rant isn't Drais, I'm simply saying Rant + Petey is at worst a wash vs Drais and the guys I'm playing like Kubalik and Batherson.
    Not a wash.

I just don't want to be in a position where he's expiring and I get low balled relative to his value, since guys know I have to move him..
    He is not expiring for two seasons.

Also I love Drais but I want to have good, young keepers going forward vs just having a top guy and the others with question marks.
    There are other ways to get another 'top guy' that do not involve trading Draisaitl.

And how many guys crack the century mark? Need to see him hit 100 a couple of times?
    Not many. Draisaitl is one of them. Neither Pettersson or Rantanen are.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    That is great. Two years of Draisaitl. Woohoo!

"If" he busts out though for ppg or better. Pettersson has 156 points in 171 games.

Not a wash.

He is not expiring for two seasons.

There are other ways to get another 'top guy' that do not involve trading Draisaitl.

Not many. Draisaitl is one of them. Neither Pettersson or Rantanen are.
    Do you work for the Oilers or something, are you Draisaitl's agent? lol. I inevitably can't hang onto him forever, and I need to fill 2 keeper spots going into next year as well, thus the 2 for 1 was meant to fill 1 of those.

The other option was MacKinnon + pick, but not seeing the love for that either lol.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

I like the 2nd option, but make him give you a 1st or at least a 2nd.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    I like the 2nd option, but make him give you a 1st or at least a 2nd.
    The other gm was saying the pick offer was 2023, he was willing to do a 2022 if I threw in whoever I'd have to drop (Ie: Kubalik or Mantha).

He also said he'd do a 2nd round pick if I did Meier, but Meier I view a potential keeper, and he's in my starting lineup atm so no interest in moving him to move up 1 round. I told the other gm Mantha and Kubalik still have value to me, and I could just try to trade one of them in a separate trade for a pick (although unlikely given they're depth guys), but my point being they still have value to me. I wouldn't hold a deal up over adding one of those in, but the question is who would you throw in? I think Batherson and Meier are for sure holds, so that leaves Palat, Mantha and Kubalik. Palat I trust the most, especially with Kuch out awhile, and Mantha has been solid but should improve when Backy is back, but stuff I read talked of him breaking out more next year, and Kubalik is solid but his usage is weird and Chicago is rough thus far. If I don't do this deal, I'll still have to drop someone when Backstrom returns, so if I do the Rantanen/Petey deal, I'd add in someone, then have to drop someone else still once healthy (unless I have another injury at that time).
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax