Thread: Wasn't expecting to need help this early in the season but...HELLP...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Wasn't expecting to need help this early in the season but...HELLP...

EDIT...And this THIS THREAD HAS COME TO AN END as of Oct 26.. THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS. I'm dropping Marchessault/Pacioretty and picking up Guenzel.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++
    ...have fallen behind enough in the standings and feel have to do something. Appreciate your input.
    Hey Gents.
    EDIT...Which of these guys would you want to replace Marchessault who is replacing Pacioretty?...

...(# behind name is Points Per Game through last night...Kyrou 2.33/ Kuzy 2/ Farabee 2/ Puljujarvi 1.60/ Teravainen 1.67/ RNH 1.40 Lindholm, Bennett and Nylander 1-PPG ea/ Guenzel .67-ppg...but sounds like Sid back pretty quick.
    Positions, Salary, the rest of my roster don't matter. We don't do inter-team trading.

Really appreciate your input guys and will REP who I can.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Wasn't expecting to need help this early in the season but...HELLP...

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    ...have fallen behind enough in the standings and feel have to do something. Appreciate your input.

This is about Pacioretty. (Option 1) I have used our Injury Replacement (IR) to replace Patches with Marchessault. I can put Patches back on my team when he begins playing again. This is a free move. But afraid I'll lose ground with Marchessault.

Or (Option 2). I can use a Drop/Add (we get 6 a year) to Drop March/Patches and Add one of these guys, the # behind the name is ppg as of last night. I'd be hoping for 1-ppg the rest of the way from one of these.

Kyrou 2.33/ Kuzy 2/ Farabee 2/ Puljujarvi 1.75/ Teravainen 1.67/ RNH 1.50/ Lindholm, Bennett and Nylander 1-ppg ea/

Positions, Salary, the rest of my roster don't matter. I can't Trade Patches. Just need points from one of these guys.

So, keep Marchessault and eventually Patches OR use a very valuable ADD/DROP to replace hem with one of the above?

If you prefer option 2 (I do but it's early to be using up a DROP/ADD) who would you want from above list? Or would you just hang on to Marchessault and hope for the best not knowing now how long Patches will be gone for?

Really appreciate your input guys and will REP who I can>
    If you're already desperate then it sounds like you should use one of your drops. Patches is out for 6 weeks according to reports, so not too bad. I'd keep Patches on IR, drop March for either Bennett or Kuz. Both are on a tear so far. Also how does Bennett only have 1 ppg so far, seems way low? What is the scoring system?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Wasn't expecting to need help this early in the season but...HELLP...

drop MArchy and add any of this eguys really. i mean Kuzy is fire right now, Lindy and RNH will get thiers as well..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for taking time to reply finnys. Ya going to drop Marchessault.
    Any other thoughts on who to replace him with from these guys...Kyrou 2.33/ Kuzy 2/ Farabee 2/ Puljujarvi 1.60/ Teravainen 1.67/ RNH 1.40 Lindholm, Bennett and Nylander 1-PPG ea/ Guenzel .67-ppg...but sounds like Sid back pretty quick. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    drop MArchy and add any of this eguys really. i mean Kuzy is fire right now, Lindy and RNH will get thiers as well..
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks for taking time to reply finnys. Ya going to drop Marchessault.
    Any other thoughts on who to replace him with from these guys...Kyrou 2.33/ Kuzy 2/ Farabee 2/ Puljujarvi 1.60/ Teravainen 1.67/ RNH 1.40 Lindholm, Bennett and Nylander 1-PPG ea/ Guenzel .67-ppg...but sounds like Sid back pretty quick. Thanks.
    I’ve always been a huge Guentzel fan. And if he’s just a pickup away I’m in on that.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you are looking long term Guentzel (once Crosby is back), otherwise Kuzy or Bennett.

One year league yahoo 9 teams
    weekly lineup with active players and benched players

P Cats: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA
    G Cats: W, SV, SHO

F: Rantanen, Barkov, Guentzel, Eichel, Necas, Larkin,
    D: Hedman, Burns, Hamilton, Krug
    G: Andersson
    Bench F: Lehkonen, Stone, Toffoli
    Bench D: Byram, Lindholm
    Bench G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Kafkaz, whoever I put on my team will be on it to the end of the regular season unless they absolutely stink. Would you consider that "long
    term? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kafkaz12 View Post
    If you are looking long term Guentzel (once Crosby is back), otherwise Kuzy or Bennett.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Guentzel is the guy I want most of those.

However, is Marchessault/Pacioretty combo your best roster spot to replace?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Guentzel is the guy I want most of those.

However, is Marchessault/Pacioretty combo your best roster spot to replace?
    Hey stevegamer, Thanks for replying.

My lowest scoring forwards are...Konecny with 4 pts, and these guys with 3...Pettersson, Tavares, Barzal, Bergeron and Kreider (replacing the injured Strome who I can put back on my roster soon..he could play tonite or likely next game). So ya, I think, hope that over the next month or so that all these guys should outscore Marchessault ????? who has 1 pt in 5 games this season.

So I can hang onto Marchessault for a month and then hope, when Patches comes off a 6 week injury, that he scores OK. Or just use one of my 6 "drop/adds" to replace Patches/Marchy with Guenzel or, I think, almost any of the players listed in my edited first post.

I hate to use one of my "drop/adds" so early in the year but my fear that Marchy doesn't produce and causes me to lose ground supercedes that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks Kafkaz, whoever I put on my team will be on it to the end of the regular season unless they absolutely stink. Would you consider that "long
    term? Thanks.
    I see. In that case I would double down on Guentzel. They just announced today that Crosby is close to returning. I think Crosby will be back in the lineup next week.

One year league yahoo 9 teams
    weekly lineup with active players and benched players

P Cats: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA
    G Cats: W, SV, SHO

F: Rantanen, Barkov, Guentzel, Eichel, Necas, Larkin,
    D: Hedman, Burns, Hamilton, Krug
    G: Andersson
    Bench F: Lehkonen, Stone, Toffoli
    Bench D: Byram, Lindholm
    Bench G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hey stevegamer, Thanks for replying.

My lowest scoring forwards are...Konecny with 4 pts, and these guys with 3...Pettersson, Tavares, Barzal, Bergeron and Kreider (replacing the injured Strome who I can put back on my roster soon..he could play tonite or likely next game). So ya, I think, hope that over the next month or so that all these guys should outscore Marchessault ????? who has 1 pt in 5 games this season.

So I can hang onto Marchessault for a month and then hope, when Patches comes off a 6 week injury, that he scores OK. Or just use one of my 6 "drop/adds" to replace Patches/Marchy with Guenzel or, I think, almost any of the players listed in my edited first post.

I hate to use one of my "drop/adds" so early in the year but my fear that Marchy doesn't produce and causes me to lose ground supercedes that.
    Given that Guentzel is on the wire for some reason, I'd do it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for your latest posts kafkaz and stevegamer. Appreciate you taking time like you did.