Thread: Trade Help: Boeser and Barrie for Tavares and Pionk (I currently own these two)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Question Trade Help: Boeser and Barrie for Tavares and Pionk (I currently own these two)

Points league, 4 PTS for a Goal, 3 for an Assist, 1 additional point for PP, 0.5 additional points for Defence Point. Other secondary are pretty irrelevant

I'm torn here. Barrie was almost a PPG last year and playing on the leagues best PP. At the same time Tavares has the chance to be a PPG player, Pionk was great last year. And bosser is on a very inconsistent Canuck team.

What do you guys think?

The Great One

Default Re: Trade Help: Boeser and Barrie for Tavares and Pionk (I currently own these two)

I prefer the Tavares/Pionk side by a bit.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Trade Help: Boeser and Barrie for Tavares and Pionk (I currently own these two)

This is really close to me, your side has the better real world players by a mile but I can see the Boeser/Barrie side coming out on top, especially in a one year league. It might help to know the rest of yoru roster and how many guys you start at each position.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I tried doing the math, but I don't have PPP projections so I used last seasons PPP totals. Since they each played 56 or 54 games I think the comparison still works.

Tavares - 262
    Pionk - 194.5

Boeser - 238
    Barrie - 248.5

For a total of 456 for JT/Pionk vs. 486 for Boeser/Barrie. So Boeser and Barrie will net you 30 more points I think that's a not insignificant increase.

BUT WAIT! There's more!

- The only caveat I would add is that last year JT was on what I think was effectively the 2nd PP unit.
    - He averaged 2:36 PPTOI and 57% PP share
    - This year (it's still early) they've stacked the 1st unit with him, Matthews, Marner and Nylander.
    - Now he's at 4:20 TOI and 74% of the PP share.

So that's a HUGE increase and IF that continues his PPP should see a big increase, especially given the fact that he has averaged around 70% IPP for his entire career. Let's say he adds 5 more PPP, 2 G and 3 A (conservatively). That's 24 more points right there and all of a sudden it's 480-486 JT/Pionk vs. Boeser/Barrie.

That's way closer.

I say stay with what you have.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Rookie

Position isn't too relevant for us. We do Forwards vs D as the only positional differences! 9 forwards, 4 D, then 4 bench spots.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Great analysis here, thanks for the details!

I agree I think JT is in for an increase this year in point production rate.
    I think Boeser and Barrie would likely see similar production rates. With maybe a little more for Boeser (given better forward group on the Nucks) and maybe a little less for Barrie given just how dominant he was last year.
    But my biggest wildcard and concern is Pionk. I'm worried, especially with Schmidt eating into PP time this year, that last year may prove to be a bit of fluke. As i'm not sure if hes shown offensive prowess in the past.

Thoughts?