Thread: Week 7 Problems

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Week 7 Problems

Team sitting at 4-2. I have a serious shortage of bodies this week due to Byes and IR.

Full Team:
    QB: Prescott (BYE), Darnold
    WR: Evans, M. Brown, Higgins, Diggs (BYE)
    RB: Conner, Freeman, Elliott (BYE), Moss (IR), Hunt (IR)
    TE: Kittle (IR)
    D: Steelers BYE
    K: Bass (BYE)

Week 7 Lineup:
    QB: Darnold
    WR: Evans, Brown
    RB: Conner, Freeman (added)
    Flex: Higgins
    D:
    K:
    TE:

Potential drops: Steelers-D (Yes) Bass (Maybe) Moss (that hurts)
    IR: Hunt and Kittle - not droppable IMO.
    Byes: Prescott, Elliott, Diggs definitely not droppable

It's going to be ugly, the only saving grace is I play the last place team so I still have a shot at victory.
    To get to a full lineup I would need to drop: Steelers, Bass and Moss each of whom have been pretty good this season. Does it make sense to drop them for bodies. I have my full $100 free agent budget and could try and re-acquire them before next week.
    Alternatively, I could simply punt this week knowing all my top guys are out and that I'm done with bye weeks.
    Thoughts ?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Week 7 Problems

I am never a fan of punting a week.

I am always about trying to buy a win at whatever cost every week.

Especially if you are playing the last place team.

5-2 looks a lot better then 4-3... and there is usually a Kicker and a D that you can stream through the season if you can't pick them back up.

Dobber Sports Star

Fantasy football is so variable, you can't punt a week. Last week I had bye problems and faced one of the top teams. So I had to use Kenyan Drake and Rhamondre Stevenson, who were both good and the other team's stars didn't show up. You never know.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah, I wouldn't punt either. Def's and K's are always droppable in my view. I drop someone like Justin Tucker all the time for a bye week replacement, and I can think of maybe 2 defenses in the past 15 years or so that were worth holding onto during a bye if no other obvious drops were on the roster.

Also, tough pill to swallow, but I'd consider dropping Hunt before Moss in a seasonal league (or, at least, trying to trade him to someone willing to give a lesser perceived RB for the upside of Hunt down the road).

If I remember correctly, Hunt has a 4-6 week timetable. And the issue is that if he's not on the short end of that estimate, the Browns face the Lions in what would be week 5 of Hunt's recovery (Week 11 of the NFL season) a game they may decide they don't need to rush Hunt back for. They then have a game against the Ravens (week 6 of Hunt's recovery; Week 12 of the NFL season) followed by their bye week in Week 13 of the NFL. So it's not at all a stretch to imagine that the Browns may take advantage of their bye week to give Hunt a couple extra weeks' rest (for a total of 7 weeks of recovery time) if he's not 100% healed after 4 weeks. That would push his return until Week 14 of the NFL season, and a lot can happen in fantasy to affect playoffs chances between now and then.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Sage

I punted last week. Something like 5 or 6 rostered on Bye week and my TE on Covid protocol. I was a mediocre team going against the top team.
    I made some comfortable moves (that wouldn't effect the future of the time), but ultimately lost by 30 points (still posting above average pts/week).

There's definitely a time to punt a week... but going against the last place team at this stage of the game is really not a good time for that...

Hopefully your opponent has some players on bye week too?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports All-Star

You can replace a K and a Defense. Cardinals are a good play this week. Prater as well. Not a fan of giving up a free week. At least replace 2 of the 3 slots but I’d go for the win. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks all.
    Yeah seems clear that dropping a D and K is the obvious answer now. the comments on dropping Hunt are appreciated.
    We have Free Agent bidding and I'm not very active on the wire so I may drop him and try and buy him back...
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Thanks all.
    Yeah seems clear that dropping a D and K is the obvious answer now. the comments on dropping Hunt are appreciated.
    We have Free Agent bidding and I'm not very active on the wire so I may drop him and try and buy him back...
    Just drop Pit and your Kicker right before rosters are locked and hope to get them back on a bid. That's the best you can do.