Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thoughts on Alexis Lafreničre?

The Great One

Default Re: Thoughts on Alexis Lafreničre?

Quote Originally Posted by pieceofschmidt View Post
    Gotta dredge this beauty up now that we're in December. How are my fellow keeper league Laf owners doing? His stats are sure looking ugly. Look at those minutes!

Looks like it's going to be a long season for #13 and his owners.

Is Laf a keeper over players like Pierre Luc Dubois, Granlund, Troy Terry, or Chychrun in a multi-cat league?
    In a limited keeper probably not. He’ll be available to redraft unless he finishes the season on a bender. As of right now I’d keep Terry and Chychrun over him. Not the other two. Terry has to cool off as his ratios are crazy unsustainable. But he still looks like he’s going to be good. But now is far too early to make these calls.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Gotta dredge this beauty up now that we're in December. How are my fellow keeper league Laf owners doing? His stats are sure looking ugly. Look at those minutes!

Is Laf a keeper over players like Pierre Luc Dubois, Granlund, Troy Terry, or Chychrun in a multi-cat league?
    I'd still keep him over all listed but PLD might be the only exception but I'd need to see the stats at the end of the year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I made the mistake of keeping Provorov, Chychrun, Caufield, Sargechev and even Hischier over PLD at the end of last season (won another chip though) and I have remorse. I should have bet on his talent, size and the quality of his linemates but last year left such a sour taste in my mouth that I decided to roll the dice on the other fellas. I still think it’s early days for Nico and I’ve had him since he was drafted but after this season it should be more clear. I think the same could be said about LAF; it still to early to cut bait in a big keeper league and the ride is surely going to get bumpier. As to Chychrun, he has shown a lot but his dumpster fire of a team is likely an insurmountable hurdle for the foreseeable future. I guess I’ll just try to enjoy some hits and blocks for the time being.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Thoughts on Alexis Lafrenière?

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    In a limited keeper probably not. HeÂ’ll be available to redraft unless he finishes the season on a bender. As of right now IÂ’d keep Terry and Chychrun over him. Not the other two. Terry has to cool off as his ratios are crazy unsustainable. But he still looks like heÂ’s going to be good. But now is far too early to make these calls.
    Yea IÂ’m in the opposite of a limited keeper. Keep 14. The guys I listed are the bottom of my potential keeper list. Laf I drafted this year. Chychrun ended up on waivers so I scooped him up. Terry I grabbed early in his point streak. So IÂ’ve got a few options.

I just havenÂ’t seen much progress in LafÂ’s game, but IÂ’d hate to give too early. As you mentioned, a bit too early in the season to know until we see his entire body of work this year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is going to depend on your roster situation, and the categories, honestly. For example, do you have wingers, but lack other positions? (That's sort of like the Rangers, honestly.) If that's the case, he's likely a drop. If you need wingers, he's more likely a keep.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So how are my fellow Laf owners doing? It's the end of January and owning him is more brutal than ever... Should I drop him at the end of the year or hold one more season?

He's stuck on the third line and barely playing 12 minutes per game more often than not. I just don't see things opening up for him in the near future, unless Panarin, Kreider or him move to RW...
    11 teams keeper league. Points only.
    We start 12 F + 6 D + 2 G.
    Protect 11 skaters or 10 skaters + 1 goalie each season.
    Goalies : 2 pts for a W, 3 pts for a SO + 1 pt for an OTL.

Roster for 2023-24.
    F : Bedard, Stützle, Bratt, Boldy, Benn, Byfield, Perfetti, Kuznetsov, Kempe, Stephenson, Seguin, Danault
    D : Q. Hughes, Seider, Hutson, Harley, Durzi, DeAngelo
    G : Sorokin, Kochetkov
    Bench : Larkin, Stone, Hayton, Sergachev, Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Pashowretty View Post
    So how are my fellow Laf owners doing? It's the end of January and owning him is more brutal than ever... Should I drop him at the end of the year or hold one more season?

He's stuck on the third line and barely playing 12 minutes per game more often than not. I just don't see things opening up for him in the near future, unless Panarin, Kreider or him move to RW...
    Be patient….or hope for an amazing offer….I got Crosby for him….
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).