Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EKane suspended 21 games

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: EKane suspended 21 games

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Is there a bigger loser in the NHL right now? This guy will end up living on the streets when his career ends. He's that dumb.
    You beat me to the comment. HHOF level talent, but just a total dip shit.

Edit: replaced “schmuck” with “dip shit” because the former term was already (aptly) used.

Dobber Sports Icon

“I would like to apologize to my teammates, the San Jose Sharks organization, and all Sharks fans for violating the NHL COVID protocols," Kane said in a statement released by the NHLPA. "I made a mistake, one I sincerely regret and take responsibility for. During my suspension, I will continue to participate in counseling to help me make better decisions in the future. When my suspension is over, I plan to return to the ice with great effort, determination, and love for the game of hockey.”​
    The update to the article said Kane won’t appeal the suspension.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Kane also comes with a $7 million/year cap hit for this year and 3 more, is owed another $26 million in real dollars during that timeframe, and comes with a modified no-trade clause limiting his marketability to 3 teams of his choosing (if I'm remembering correctly).

I admittedly don't know how a contract buy-out would work (or is even available), but that's a lot of administrative negatives for a new team to take on with an already polarizing player.
    I am pretty sure that no-trade clause will be sort of waived, so that any team could acquire him.

There are teams that have the cap room, and could be willing to take him on if given picks (looks at Arizona).
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Can he gamble on SJ's games while he is suspended?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Star

He made a mistake? That's what he said. To me, a mistake is using salt instead of sugar by accident or dialing a wrong number. Submitting a fake vaccine card seems pretty intentional to me. That goes beyond a "mistake" to me.

Everything about this guy seems to be "cancer". What is the possibility of SJ looking into voiding his contract? If they can't, I would expect a buy-out.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

E. Kane gets bought out in the summer:

Dead Cap Hit:
    2022-23 - $3,666,667
    2023-24 - $2,666,667
    2024-25 - $4,666,667
    2025-26 - $1,666,667
    2026-27 - $1,666,667
    2027-28 - $1,666,667

That's some high cap hits for a buyout. But if he's bought out in 2023, it does lower a lot. I think a creative note would be looking at a bottom team, and asking "what does it cost to take Kane?" And if I'm Arizona, Detroit, Columbus, Nashville (prolly not them), I'll say give me PlayerX+PickX+Kane for nothing, then keep him on the sidelines all yr, then deal with it in the offseason and really think about 2022 buyout, 2023 buyout (and let him sit), or even playing him in 2022.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

What really confuses me is why Kane submitted a fake vaccine certificate in the first place. If we ignore how dumb he is to think no one would notice, we still have to wonder why. Is he an anti-vaxxer or just too lazy to get vaccinated. Even if he is an anti-vaxxer, he could have just admitted that and followed the same restrictions as Bertuzzi. It just doesn't make sense to me on so many levels.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    What really confuses me is why Kane submitted a fake vaccine certificate in the first place. If we ignore how dumb he is to think no one would notice, we still have to wonder why. Is he an anti-vaxxer or just too lazy to get vaccinated. Even if he is an anti-vaxxer, he could have just admitted that and followed the same restrictions as Bertuzzi. It just doesn't make sense to me on so many levels.
    He needs money. I think desperation and the fear of not getting paid was the reason why he tried to fake it.

I know of a few situations where people have done this in low state situations. Most people a missed paycheque could be the result of eviction, so desperation and law breaking become the 'only' option. Even though this guy is a famous hockey player who should have millions, he has no money, and bills to pay.

Dobber Sports Expert

Agree with everything but I'll point out that the restrictions in California (or Santa Clara County, I'm not sure) are more severe than Michigan. I'm if not mistaken, without being vaccinated Kane wouldn't be able to play in any of the Sharks home games or even practice with the team at home.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Agree with everything but I'll point out that the restrictions in California (or Santa Clara County, I'm not sure) are more severe than Michigan. I'm if not mistaken, without being vaccinated Kane wouldn't be able to play in any of the Sharks home games or even practice with the team at home.
    Because SJS don't play in a city mandated arena, the cities COVID rules for athletes didn't apply to them. So any athlete playing at SAP Center had the same COVID rules as the leagues mandates. AKA, Kane could have played without the vaccine if the Sharks allowed that, he just couldn't play in some road games that required the vaccine.

Santa Clara County has different rules than San Fran, which mandated all athletes have it (Andrew Wiggins situation). California has different rules depending on the area, which is weird to me but whatever.

Dobber Sports Veteran

And in any event, when people are in dire need of money they make choices and sacrifices that they might not otherwise. If he's really desperate for the paycheck (which I get), then get f'ing vaccinated. Talk about compounding an already bad personal situation.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Titan

And in any event, when people are in dire need of money they make choices and sacrifices that they might not otherwise. If he's really desperate for the paycheck (which I get), then get f'ing vaccinated. Talk about compounding an already bad personal situation.
    Ya I can't even make a connection on why he didn't get it in the first place.

He could be using the thought he doesn't want to take anything he's told to because of the history of vaccines and african-americans. Could be he's just stubborn and thinks he won't do what he's told because he's gone his whole life defying what people have told him (black man can't play hockey idiotic stance some people still have). Could have been busy just doing other stuff and the date snuck up on him and he got desperate. Could just be an idiot and was using the fake card for the whole summer and it worked and he just thought it would work here. Another thing....he could have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the previous investigation....Could be a really good fake card.

I wrote my thoughts on the vaccine stances of people, but I deleted it. No point yelling about it here. I just wanted to say reasons maybe why Kane faked the document. But I don't get why he wouldn't get the shot in the first place. I'm 100% for vaccines and vaccine passports for purpose of pushing the vaccination rates up, but I understand what people do in desperate situations (But I don't get why he wouldn't be getting the vaccine lol. You're desperate! Get the shot!)

The Great One

My thoughts exactly. If he really is so hard up for cash, then why do something so stupid. Just get the shot, earn your salary, and move on. This guy just keeps making so many dumb decisions. I don't really feel sorry for him, but I am sad that someone with so much talent is wasting it. What's worse is that over his career he's earned $55 million and he's broke and, with the way things appear right now, soon to be out of the NHL.

Not sure how he's going to make a living. I suppose he could play in Russia or something for a few years, but with his lifestyle and debts to be repaid, he's going to be hurting.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not sure why anyone is trying to apply reason or logic to this guy any longer. He's a total disaster in all regards.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone is trying to apply reason or logic to this guy any longer. He's a total disaster in all regards.
    This is very true lol.

I would love to hear a statement by Kane, I just wanna know lol.