Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kucherov could be out awhile

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kucherov could be out awhile

Oh, good!!! Two years in a row!!! Let's face it, when you lose a guy like this it's pretty much a season killer!!! Two seasons maybe!!! Great!!!! Picked up Voracek to try and stop the bleeding, anyone think he can put a 100 pts or so??? (:

Anyway, we'll wait and see what the "prognosis" is but it sure doesn't sound good at this point. I'd also like to pass a motion that Dobber revisit BandAid Boys, I don't think Kucherov isn't even listed. Never mind the trainee or certified tag, he should be on the board of governor's (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

Among fitness intelligentsia we refer to this as the "cascade effect."
    A serious injury to a joint causes the body to compensate by adjusting how it handles the load on the joint.
    This adjustment can cause the other supporting structures to handle more load than they are accustomed to. Inflammation begins and then you start having problems.
    I tore my left calf muscle playing college football many years ago; it healed incompletely and I still have problems up and down the left leg as a result.
    I predict we are looking at no less than 6-8 weeks since they are already talking about surgery.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Yeah agree on the groin being impacted by the hip - I broke my fibula last year and realized that the months of PT is as much about the other joints / muscles (hips, especially) getting back to normal as the ankle itself.

I never wish injury on any player, even the ones that are so worthy of disdain, but this couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. I don’t care how many points this guy puts up, and that he’s a lock for Hall of Fame, he’s got zero class. Dissing “that guy in Vegas” who has 3 Cups, shitting on the Habs fans, etc. I know this won’t be a popular take with some, but it’s how I feel - the high class folks in the NHL lift everyone else up and are who our kids can emulate, the Béliveau, Sakic, Yzerman, Iginla types, and today guys like Toews and Crosby, never in a million years would they do what that creep did. And yeah I realize he had just crushed 10 Bud lites, but still. Rant over.
    I would much rather have kids trash talking than helping to cover up what Toews is helping to cover up.

Dobber Sports Pro

Do we have any idea on timeline? I can trade him for Crosby but would have to give up a higher pick.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Do we have any idea on timeline? I can trade him for Crosby but would have to give up a higher pick.
    no timeline, but Cooper confirms to media today that his recovery time will not be as long as his 56 game absence last yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    no timeline, but Cooper confirms to media today that his recovery time will not be as long as his 56 game absence last yr.
    Ah I might as well hold tight then eh? Unfortunately, this league has a limited number of adds but I should stay at/near the top of the standings until Kuch returns.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Titan

If it's under 56 games, then would a 10-14week timeline be too off? 10weeks = 30-49games. I looked at the schedule, from now till the Olympic break is like 47 games. Could see that as the target, post Olympic break.

So hard to judge without knowledge of when surgery will happen, and how he is post surgery. Post Olympic Break is 33 or something games. Most leagues end before the last week of the regular season, so 29 games left in your Fantasy season, and something like 15-ish games of your regular season in fantasy (post Olympics).

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If it's under 56 games, then would a 10-14week timeline be too off? 10weeks = 30-49games. I looked at the schedule, from now till the Olympic break is like 47 games. Could see that as the target, post Olympic break.

So hard to judge without knowledge of when surgery will happen, and how he is post surgery.
    You’d think he’d want/targeting to be back before the Olympics so he can play in them, no? No way the Lightning let him play in the Olympics unless he is 100%

Edit:
    My league goes to the very end of the regular season.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    You’d think he’d want/targeting to be back before the Olympics so he can play in them, no? No way the Lightning let him play in the Olympics unless he is 100%

Edit:
    My league goes to the very end of the regular season.
    Can't say until we know more info.

10 weeks or less, he's back pre-olympics. Around 12 weeks is when I start looking at "if he's out 2 more weeks he gets 4 weeks rehab".

Kucherov, I would assume, wants to play. Russian love (unless there is Putin Hate I dunno about), first Olympics, no international golds...I would think he wants too.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Oh, good!!! Two years in a row!!! Let's face it, when you lose a guy like this it's pretty much a season killer!!! Two seasons maybe!!! Great!!!! Picked up Voracek to try and stop the bleeding, anyone think he can put a 100 pts or so??? (:

Anyway, we'll wait and see what the "prognosis" is but it sure doesn't sound good at this point. I'd also like to pass a motion that Dobber revisit BandAid Boys, I don't think Kucherov isn't even listed. Never mind the trainee or certified tag, he should be on the board of governor's (:
    For you, he has a season low 38 points. You're welcome.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Russian website says 6 to 10 weeks - may be wishful thinking on their part with the Olympics this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

This is more about opening up a roster spot long term than it is the cap space it frees up. TBL knows he'll be back before the Olympics so it's not like last year where they can go out and spend the freed up cap space. He's coming back and they'll need to put him back on the roster. It's still funny to see people lose their mind over this, thinking it's all about the cap space.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

I read it may be a sports hernia or something along those lines.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

6-10 weeks is the rumoured timeline.

The thing is they better get it right and not overlook a hernia because then you get a Nate Pearson thing in the Jays organization where it went undiagnosed for months and they thought it was just a groin injury.