Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hall vs Bennett

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Hall vs Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    You haven't seen Bennett play in Florida, have you? He looks like a legit star and is in a sweet spot playing with Huberdeau and top PP. He is going to put up a shitload of points and hits.
    I have watched all of Florida’s games this season. I’ve also watched him play in the playoffs the last few seasons where he has 18 points in 20 playoff games over the past 3 seasons. I’ve learned not to overreact, because Bennett plays very well during short periods of time but always disappoints over the long term. His success will be dependent on playing alongside guys like Huberdeau and benefiting off of their elite play. I’m a firm believer that if you have a manager in your league that thinks Bennett can keep it together for a full season, sell sell sell!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    I have watched all of Florida’s games this season. I’ve also watched him play in the playoffs the last few seasons where he has 18 points in 20 playoff games over the past 3 seasons. I’ve learned not to overreact, because Bennett plays very well during short periods of time but always disappoints over the long term. His success will be dependent on playing alongside guys like Huberdeau and benefiting off of their elite play. I’m a firm believer that if you have a manager in your league that thinks Bennett can keep it together for a full season, sell sell sell!
    Bennett has never played this well before in his career. If you have watched him play in Florida and are still not convinced he is the real deal, I don't know what to tell you. Your loss, I guess, if you missed out on him.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Bennett has never played this well before in his career. If you have watched him play in Florida and are still not convinced he is the real deal, I don't know what to tell you. Your loss, I guess, if you missed out on him.
    I actually traded him away yesterday for Seth Jones and a 1st round pick to a manager who is very high on him. I look forward to circling back on this post at the end of the season!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I actually traded him away yesterday for Seth Jones and a 1st round pick to a manager who is very high on him. I look forward to circling back on this post at the end of the season!
    Sure, let's revisit at the end of the season. If Bennett plays a full season, he'll get 70 points. Plus the usual goodness bag of PIM and hits.

That trade of yours may be good or not, depends on your league settings and what you can get for the 1st rounder. I personally would not trade Bennett for Jones straight up in most leagues.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    Taylor Hall averaged 16 min. (15:58) a game in 16 games w/Boston last year. He played 15:03 tonight. What's the upside of someone that plays 2nd line/PP1? 60-70pts? 2 hits every 3 games? It's not like he's playing with a talented centerman either, it's Charlie Coyle, who had all of 16pts last year.

Even if you don't think Bennett is a star, what is his floor? 18 min. a night with a consistently 90+pt left winger, PP1, 2 hits a game? The upside is immense, but the floor is clearly quite favorable as well. I would rather gamble and fail than to live with regret. No nut is in November.
    I would agree with all of this. Hall is better than Bennett but when you factor in hits and Sam’s line mates in Florida, you have your answer.

Dobber Sports Sage

I got Bennett early last season for Isac Lundstrom and a 5th round entry pick.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports All-Star

That sounds like a very good trade for you. Seth Jones went in the 3rd and 4th round in my drafts this season. Bennett in the 12th and 14th.

That said that tells us nothing about who is the better own between Hall and Bennett.

I traded Hall for McDavid and Draisaitl. Lets so who was the better trade piece at the end of the year. See what I mean. Means nothing.

Maybe what we could do is see who between Hall and Bennett produces the best over this season?

Call me crazy
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    That sounds like a very good trade for you. Seth Jones went in the 3rd and 4th round in my drafts this season. Bennett in the 12th and 14th.

That said that tells us nothing about who is the better own between Hall and Bennett.

I traded Hall for McDavid and Draisaitl. Lets so who was the better trade piece at the end of the year. See what I mean. Means nothing.

Maybe what we could do is see who between Hall and Bennett produces the best over this season?

Call me crazy

I got a little side tracked responding to another post and went on a tangent.

In my opinion, a good season for Bennet would be a point total in the 50 pt range with good peripherals. I see Hall in the 60-70 Pt range, with Bennett having the edge in hits. The better own could differ depending on league scoring formats.

Dobber Sports Master

7 years I wait for him and this is the year he becomes a superstar? I don’t know.. he looks good. Hall looks finished… but I can’t believe he flips the script and becomes a stud.. or does he..

I’m tempted to vote Bennett here too… what the hell….

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it depends on what you need. I value the positional flexibility, and Bennett's generally better peripherals which are reliable.

If this is a which one to keep, and which one to deal, I'd lean towards dealing Hall, as I think his name value is better. of course, offering both is generally better, as you may find a believer in one, but not the other.
    If however, this is a no trade league, then it depends more on what stats you generally need.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Sure, let's revisit at the end of the season. If Bennett plays a full season, he'll get 70 points. Plus the usual goodness bag of PIM and hits.

That trade of yours may be good or not, depends on your league settings and what you can get for the 1st rounder. I personally would not trade Bennett for Jones straight up in most leagues.
    With only a few games left in the season, I thought it’d be fun to circle back on some projections.

Bennett has scored 47 points in 68 games (56.6 point pace).

Hall has scored 57 points in 78 games (59.9 point pace).

Dobber Sports Wizard

With only a few games left in the season, I thought it’d be fun to circle back on some projections.

Bennett has scored 47 points in 68 games (56.6 point pace).

Hall has scored 57 points in 78 games (59.9 point pace).
    56 points (pace) vs my prediction of 70. The main difference is the PP production. I was banking on him staying on the top PP, which he had last year. But this year Duclair stole his spot and that is the difference between 55 and 70 points.

Dobber Sports Ace

56 points (pace) vs my prediction of 70. The main difference is the PP production. I was banking on him staying on the top PP, which he had last year. But this year Duclair stole his spot and that is the difference between 55 and 70 points.
    A pace in the 50’s is about what I was expecting out of Bennett this season. Still a good season for him - but to your point- a lot of things had to go right for him to hit the high expectations some had (like top PP usage).

I still stand by my stance at the beginning of the season. If you have a manager in your league that thinks Bennett became a 70 point player overnight, sell and enjoy the return!

I know we digressed from the original posters question. I can’t see the scoring cats in the original post, but in a multicat H2H league, Bennett probably had the better PPG fantasy season over Hall. If more points only format, Hall took the win.