Thread: Keep which three of these prospects?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keep which three of these prospects?

Banger league (G,A,PPP,SOG,+/-,FW,hits,PIM,blk)

Can only keep three of the following, and am going to try to move the others in a trade. Who would you keep, who would you move?

Mason McTavish C ANA
    Dylan Cozens C/RW BUF
    Alexander Holtz RW NJD
    Jakub Vrana LW DET
    Alex Newhook C COL
    Seth Jarvis C/RW CAR

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Keep which three of these prospects?

Well I'm not sure I'd consider Vrana to be a prospect (:

Some tough decisions here but I'd not be keeping McTavish for sure I personally don't think he has quite the upside of all the others. Then it's tough. It really boils down to keeping guys who are already established or very close over pure prospects who you will have to wait on. Personally I like Vrana and Newhook here, they are a surer thing now than Cozens, Jarvis and Holtz. If you don't mind waiting on the prospects then I keep the three just listed in the order I listed them. If you want production this year I'd keep Vrana (ya gonna have to wait on that, so it is a factor perhaps), Newhook, and Cozens. That said, it is likely that Cozens, Jarvis and Holtz will bring you a better return than the others, everyone likes the "shiny new toy" as we say (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Keep which three of these prospects?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Well I'm not sure I'd consider Vrana to be a prospect (:

Some tough decisions here but I'd not be keeping McTavish for sure I personally don't think he has quite the upside of all the others. Then it's tough. It really boils down to keeping guys who are already established or very close over pure prospects who you will have to wait on. Personally I like Vrana and Newhook here, they are a surer thing now than Cozens, Jarvis and Holtz. If you don't mind waiting on the prospects then I keep the three just listed in the order I listed them. If you want production this year I'd keep Vrana (ya gonna have to wait on that, so it is a factor perhaps), Newhook, and Cozens. That said, it is likely that Cozens, Jarvis and Holtz will bring you a better return than the others, everyone likes the "shiny new toy" as we say (:
    This is a team I took over this year, and it is NOT competitive for the short term, mainly because of the two garbage goalies I've got (Halak/Korpisalo). So my thoughts are already turning to next year. I can keep 8 forwards, 3 D, 1 utility and two goalies. At the moment I'm keeping Patrick Kane, J.T. Miller, Tim Stuetzle, Quinton Byfield, Timo Meier, and then three more from the group I mentioned. My 3 D are Cale Makar, Dougie Hamilton, Aaron Ekblad, and I've decided to keep Jakob Chychrun in the util spot (we start 6 D total, so it really helps to have a strong D corps). I imagine that as the season goes by, and other teams find out they, too, are not competitive, their thoughts will also turn to the future and my stable of prospects will start to attract their interest. Just trying to get a general sense of their value, and who I should be most eager to keep. Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated!