Thread: Point vs Hischier/Newhook

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Point vs Hischier/Newhook

Hey guys, 24 team dynasty salary cap H2H G,A,PPP,SOG,HITS,BLKS, FOW, SHTOI

I am considering moving my Point for the above package. At first glance I know Point is a much better player than Hischier IRL, but there are some things that lead me to consider:

1. Next season Point has his 9,000,000 contract kicking in. I simply cannot afford another 8+ Million contract, especially considering that.... 2. I know neither guy are considered periph monsters, but Point has been an extra weakness as a C with no SHTOI and what has been rather pedestrian FO #'s(seems off to a better start this season though). If he can be a perennial PPG+ player then fine I can make room regardless, but if he is settling in more of a 70ish range without filling those cats for 9 mil, it starts to feel like a tough sell. 3.These are areas that Hischier has produced better in and helps offset what could be closer to a 60ish point pace going forward.

As a very cap strapped team, I shed 1.75 million next season and hopefully beef up my FOW/SHTOI long term, while grabbing a fairly high end prospect in Newhook, which with a 1.4M contract will be quite valuable to me if he sticks in the lineup going forward (and in a deep dynasty league he at worst carries tremendous trade value in the near term).

What do you guys think, am I thinking this out clearly or making a huge blunder?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Point vs Hischier/Newhook

Can you share your roster? There has to be a better way to fit in Point's cap increase next year.

Looking at the last three years for Point: 2018: >ppg, 2019: ~=ppg, 2020: <ppg
    Which is what I think is worrying you, however its worth noting that last year was with no Kucherov which I think its safe to say that if Kuch was healthy last year, Point would've picked up the 8 missing pts to get to ppg pace.

If you can't find a way to cut cap then I think at the very least you should be able to get another higher end prospect/future 1st in addition to Newhook given that Hischier isn't really worth his cap hit either + they still get a full year of Point being at least worth his current 6.75M.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Pro

Hischier isn’t enough cheaper to make the drop worth it, not even with Newhook thrown in. Keep Point OR shop him for something better.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hischier is not even owned in my 14-team league, because his salary is just too high for what he currently brings to the table.

I'd pass on that offer, and would hold on to Point and see if I can cut salary elsewhere. Or like it was said, find a better drop value-wise for Point.

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, ?, ?
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, ?, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Klingb Brannstrom Bean Peru Soderstrom Clarke
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Huberdeau Zucc Giroux Quinn Couture Hartman Bjorkstrand Wheeler Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Mangiapane Brink Guenther Poulin Perreault Cristall Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree that we need to see the roster. a 24 team league should be quite deep, so likely not much on the wire of interest. Maybe there are some moves you can make around the edges to free up cap room for Point.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.