Thread: Yahoo Keeper League Question

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Yahoo Keeper League Question

I recently started a new keeper league in Yahoo but a few things that I may need some suggestions and help on. Should I or should I not have IR and IR+ spots for injured players? Seems like some people are using these spots to "hoard" players according to some GMs.

Second question is there a way to have points carry over whether it be in a trade or FA pickup in Yahoo? I would prefer this as if I make a trade mid season for player A I am trading for what he has provided thus far as well as what he will produce fantasy scoring wise So I want points to carry over.
    Forwards: Aho, Point, Debrincat, Larkin, Hagel, B Tkachuk, Mittlestadt, Necas, Cooley, Dubois, W Smith, Michkov

Defence: Heiskanen, Faber, Nemec, Sandin-Pellika, Power, L Hutson

Goalies: L Thompson, Swayman

1 pt G/A - 2 pt W - 3 pt SO - +.5 additional pt for PPP - +2 pt for SHP

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Yahoo Keeper League Question

I'd suggest with the constant DTDs and looming issue of Covid, I'd recommend using IR+. You could always limit the number of spots?

As for carrying over I don't believe there is a way to do that on Yahoo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No, you can't 'carryover' or transfer a players accumulated points as part of a trade. Those points remain with the previous owner. IR* gives you flexibility to add DTD, IR, etc. while IR only allows you add those players designated as IR. As commish, using Commissioner Tools you can always drop players from any team if you find that GMs are hoarding players (after a friendly reminder, of course).
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by LordoftheRinks View Post
    No, you can't 'carryover' or transfer a players accumulated points as part of a trade. Those points remain with the previous owner. IR* gives you flexibility to add DTD, IR, etc. while IR only allows you add those players designated as IR. As commish, using Commissioner Tools you can always drop players from any team if you find that GMs are hoarding players (after a friendly reminder, of course).
    Uhhhh I wouldn't drop players from a team.

Just find the right set up that works. Sometimes it takes a year or two so just be patient.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

GMs can use IR/IR+ slots to hoard players, but of course this handcuffs them so that they are unable to make a move until the healthy player is moved from one of those slots. So I guess there are some positives to using that as a strategy but I think it’s generally a hindrance more often than not.

Also no, there’s no way of getting the previous production of a player, in the same way that a team that trades for player x in real life doesn’t get his past production added to their game sheets.
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov