Thread: Drop one

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Drop one

12 Team H2H Cats - G, A, STP, SOG, BLK, HIT, TK, W, GAA, SV%

Team is in an auction contract league which I took over this past off-season. It seems like the original owner went a bit crazy with bidding on some players before I got there so now I'm thinking about dropping one to free up some cap space/flexibility. For context in this year's draft I got Trocheck for $3.5, Necas for $2.5 and Faulk for $2 to give you some baselines. The most expensive Skater was Batherson who went for $4.5.

Options:

1) Hedman - $11.5 - Huge price tag but is a top 5 D in the league. Would free up the most space though.

2) Nylander - $9.1 - TOR fan so I may be biased but I think he's primed for a really solid year - probably the most overpaid of these options however.

3) DeAngelo - $6.3 - He's the worst player on this list but also frees up the least amount of $. Also he should be in for a good year on the cane's PP1 provided he doesn't get himself kicked off the team.

Full team (bolded are minors eligible and can be brought up or sent down freely):

C: Draisaitl (LW), Point, Couturier, Trocheck, Mittelstadt
    LW: Hintz (C), Connor, Lee, Hyman, Verhaeghe (C), Blueger (C), Barabanov (RW)
    RW: Necas, Nylander, Perron (LW), Kyrou (C), Hoglander (LW)
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Ristolainen, Faulk, Hague, Hall, Anderson
    G: Binnington, Ullmark, Nedeljkovic, Broissoit

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Drop one

I’d be inclined to let Hedman walk the plank at that price.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Does Hedman score at double the pace of DeAngelo this year?

I don't think so unless he does something stupid again and only plays 3 games.

So its not worth double the price tag.

I think I would cut Hedman.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

That's a non-nominal price for Nylander, who's worst in multi-cat.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/