Thread: Connor/Schenn for Marner/Caufield

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Connor/Schenn for Marner/Caufield

I'm new to hockey and a guy in my league really wants Connor. He offered Zibanejad, Caufield, Girard for Connor/Barkov. I'm saying no to that and want to counter with Connor/Schenn for Marner/Caufield. Fair or asking too much?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Connor/Schenn for Marner/Caufield

Welcome to the boards. It would help to know your league setup and categories here. The first trade offer from him was hot garbage so I already don't trust this person

Dobber Sports Initiate

Welcome to the forums!

In general it would be good to know what your league size and scoring system are in order to be able to give the best advice.

However, I think, given that it's a keeper league thread asking for Marner and Caufield would likely be an easy reject for the other GM in most scoring systems. Marner is at least a tier above Connor and Caufield is a very promising young forward that (if this is a deep keeper) is also more valuable than Schenn likely

Edit ----

ANd to add to that, I wouldn't do the other deal either. To be blunt, you are getting ripped off if you do the first trade, but it would be robbery on your part if he accepted the second.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Recruit

Yep. Sorry. Knew I should've added league size and scoring.
    10 team Keep 6
    Goals (G), Assists (A), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The first trade offer reminds me of Django Unchained when they tell Leo Dicaprio’s character that they want to buy the Mandingo fighter and it’s this whole song and dance when all they really wanted was Django’s wife lol. Telling you they want Connor and then just throwing in Barkov is borderline insulting imo haha.

I wouldn’t hate making a deal around Connor and Zibby, but without seeing your roster it is difficult to tell if losing the winger for the centre is better or not. I also wouldn’t hate a deal involving his Marner and your Barkov if you could swing it. But not likely the offer you proposed and sure as hell not the crap he tried pulling right out the gate lol.
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov