Thread: Seguin for Strome and Hischier

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Seguin for Strome and Hischier

League in sig. An owner has expressed interest in my Seguin, offering Ryan Strome and some sort of pick next year. I'm not much interested in the pick, but am considering a counter of Strome and Hischier for Seguin.

The context is that I'm not terribly happy with my center position right now, both in terms of overall current production expectations, keeper options going forward, and having both Seguin and Pavelski (who I'd likely start each week between my 3 center spots and 1 flex/skater spot). Was initially exploring trading Pavelski from someone of equivalent current value (not worrying about keeper considerations because Pavelski won't be a keeper for me). And this current Seguin inquiry came in.

If it's available, Strome and Hischier seems like a good mix for me of current production and long-term potential. But I would be losing some potency in SOGs that I expect Seguin will contribute. And I'd have to drop someone too, probably Halak or Edler (both of whom seem expendable).

Thoughts?
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Seguin for Strome and Hischier

I would jump at Hischier & Strome for Seguin, but in a deep keeper like yours I highly doubt they go for it. I would hold onto Seguin at this point as you'd likely be selling low given his injuries last year.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

The Great One

Default Re: Seguin for Strome and Hischier

I think Seguin going to surprise a lot of ppl this year- he looks fantastic right now...