Thread: Cut a Prospect: Pelletier, Tomasino, Poulin, Perunovich, Kaliyev

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Cut a Prospect: Pelletier, Tomasino, Poulin, Perunovich, Kaliyev

Got to trim my prospect roster by one and am wondering who you would be most inclined to keep or cut from my prospect pool: Pelletier, Tomasino, Poulin, Perunovich or Kaliyev. Feel free to rank if that is easier.

My league is a full keeper, 10 teams, with 43 roster spots per team (31 are rosterable while 12 are minors with 100 games or less). H2H weekly with the following equally rated cats: G, A, PPPTS, Shots, Hits, Blocks, FOW, TOI, W, Saves, SV%, GAA. roster 12 forwards, 6 defense, 2 skaters, 2 goalies each night. Note that FOW is my dump stat so not super relevant. I won my league last year and am contending again this year. My roster does not have any glaring needs, so I can afford to keep the best prospects available.

My quick thoughts on these guys:

I like Pelletier and think he is a Suter type player. Will bring some hits and could score a bit, but is small so may be more of a wait.

I think Tomasino has the highest upside, but is his potential enough to offset a potential lack of peripheral stats? How high is his potential in NSH?

I was hoping Poulin was going to make the roster this year, but could not crack it. Is he destined to be a 3rd line player at this rate? He is also likely PIT's best prospect though.

Perunovich could be behind krug for a while, and may not bring much in the way of hits. Can I afford to wait on him?

Kailyev looks like he is next guy up in LA, but there are a lot of prospects jockeying for position with LA over the next few years. Is he enough of a sure thing?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Cut a Prospect: Pelletier, Tomasino, Poulin, Perunovich, Kaliyev

From best to worst

Kaliyev
    Tomasino
    Perunovich
    Poulin
    Pelletier

I'd cut Pelletier. I think he's the least likely to make an impact. And he might be the farthest away from hitting the NHL.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree it is between Poulin and Pelletier, but I would cut Poulin. Pelletier has outperformed Poulin at pretty much every opportunity (higher YoY NHLe, WJC, etc.)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Imo you have a clear bottom 2 from that list in Poulin and Perunovich.

Poulin - PIT likes to be able to spread out their offense so even once he makes the team I think it will be a few years until he gets meaningful minutes. I'd be shocked if he cracks 40 points in the next two years, but he has decent upside and there is always a chance that PIT throws him in the top 6 with Crosby/Malkin and he clicks.

Perunovich - Lost last year's development due to injury, but so did many other prospects due to leagues simply not running with covid. I don't love his path to prime minutes in STL either but he should have an easier time getting an opportunity than Poulin.

As Perunovich is your only D prospect I may lean in his direction if you could see yourself needing a replacement in the next year or two. Otherwise I think I'd keep Poulin for the upside.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Poulin for me
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Unless HITS happened to be a current/future cat of need for you... I'm cutting Poulin from this crew too.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kail is top here

Dobber Sports Ace

Pelletier would be my cut.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the feedback folks. I decided to cut Poulin.