Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HR's Week 6 Lineups

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default HR's Week 6 Lineups

Team 1 just cannot make the right lineup choices. Had winning players on my bench each of the last 2 weeks. Ugh.

0.5 PPR Leagues

League 1

Goedert could be out for Philly and they play on TNF. Do I add Ertz and start him over Hockenson this week?
    Ertz vs TB
    Hockenson vs Cin

Then need to fill my 2 Flex spots so please rank

AJ Brown vs Buf
    Sutton vs LV
    E. Sanders @ Tenn
    Devonta vs TB

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: HR's Week 6 Lineups

League 1

I am in the same boat with Hockenson. I am giving him one more chance this week against Cincy.

I simply do not like the Eagles against Tampa Bay and Tom Brady on a short week.

Give me Hockenson against Cincy who gets a full week to prepare and hopefully heal from his injury.

League 1

1) Brown
    2) Sutton
    3) Sanders
    4) Devonta
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd stick with Hockenson then:

Sutton vs LV
    Sanders vs Tenn
    Devonta vs TB
    AJ freakin' disappointing hasn't done jack **** for me Brown.

Now watch Brown get the most FP this week. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Team 1 just cannot make the right lineup choices. Had winning players on my bench each of the last 2 weeks. Ugh.

0.5 PPR Leagues

League 1

Goedert could be out for Philly and they play on TNF. Do I add Ertz and start him over Hockenson this week?
    Ertz vs TB
    Hockenson vs Cin

Then need to fill my 2 Flex spots so please rank

AJ Brown vs Buf
    Sutton vs LV
    E. Sanders @ Tenn
    Devonta vs TB
    (Checks to see if I've given advice on League 1...oops)

Think you have to go with Hockenson. Ertz's value is pretty much limited to whether he scores a TD or not. You likely need to start with the floor of yardage and receptions.

Sutton and Brown are my choices, in that order. It's a gut feeling, but in the same way the Rams gave Robert Woods an apologetic high-volume game last week after weeks of neglect, I think a Stefon Diggs game is coming. Bills can't throw only to Knox and Sanders each week. Devonta's only real shot is garbage time and I don't know that Hurts can engineer that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm going to rock the boat here a little I'm afraid, but:

I'd pickup and play Ertz this week over Hockenson. Why? Well, Tampa is going to absolutely roll offensively against the Eagles like they have against pretty much everyone. And their defense is nearly impenetrable via the run (not that the Eagles have run it worth a damn anyhow) and epitomizes the pass-funnel defense where teams essentially abandon the run to throw, throw and throw some more. Tampa also has a nasty pass rush, so I suspect Hurts is going to be highly reliant on his scrambling ability and finding quick hits over the middle rather than outside routes from Devonta and company. Cue Ertz in a featured pass-catching TE role operating as a safety valve between the hashmarks with Goedert likely out this week.

Meanwhile, to compound Hockenson's recent struggles, the Bengals have actually defended against the TE pretty well this season (I believe top 5 so far) and the Lions just lost their Center (and best offensive lineman) to a turf toe injury and subsequent surgery. Hockenson can bust out at any given time, but teams know that's where the ball is going and have done a good job defending against it. Now with a further depleted offensive line and losing Quinton Cephus (who I think had looked like the best WR on the Lions thus far), I'm not sure this is the week I'd bet on Hockenson. Especially when I have a proven alternative like Ertz who has the role to himself this week and could easily see 10 targets with the Eagles in constant catchup mode and completely unable to run the ball.

As for the flex, my mind says Sutton and Sanders given the Tennessee passing game struggles so far and the quality of the Bills' defense. But I just can't sit AJ Brown if he's on the field. So Sutton and Brown for me.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    I'm going to rock the boat here a little I'm afraid, but:

I'd pickup and play Ertz this week over Hockenson. Why? Well, Tampa is going to absolutely roll offensively against the Eagles like they have against pretty much everyone. And their defense is nearly impenetrable via the run (not that the Eagles have run it worth a damn anyhow) and epitomizes the pass-funnel defense where teams essentially abandon the run to throw, throw and throw some more. Tampa also has a nasty pass rush, so I suspect Hurts is going to be highly reliant on his scrambling ability and finding quick hits over the middle rather than outside routes from Devonta and company. Cue Ertz in a featured pass-catching TE role operating as a safety valve between the hashmarks with Goedert likely out this week.

Meanwhile, to compound Hockenson's recent struggles, the Bengals have actually defended against the TE pretty well this season (I believe top 5 so far) and the Lions just lost their Center (and best offensive lineman) to a turf toe injury and subsequent surgery. Hockenson can bust out at any given time, but teams know that's where the ball is going and have done a good job defending against it. Now with a further depleted offensive line and losing Quinton Cephus (who I think had looked like the best WR on the Lions thus far), I'm not sure this is the week I'd bet on Hockenson. Especially when I have a proven alternative like Ertz who has the role to himself this week and could easily see 10 targets with the Eagles in constant catchup mode and completely unable to run the ball.

As for the flex, my mind says Sutton and Sanders given the Tennessee passing game struggles so far and the quality of the Bills' defense. But I just can't sit AJ Brown if he's on the field. So Sutton and Brown for me.
    Great reasoning here. And great points in a lot of the points.

Going to be a tough call for sure. I've been trying to make a 2 for 1 trade today because I will likely have CMC coming off an IR spot to play, which means Khalil Herbert is my drop. The problem with the Ertz add is I would have to find someone else to drop between Waddle, Emmanuel, Dillon and Chuba. I left this out of the original post on purpose because I wanted some honest opinions and I got exactly that.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Honestly, if Philly played Sunday I would easily be sitting Devonta. But because the game is Thursday I really hate the idea of him having a massive game on my bench and me having to live with that for a few days.

It's sickening really....

Honestly, if Philly played Sunday I would easily be sitting Devonta. But because the game is Thursday I really hate the idea of him having a massive game on my bench and me having to live with that for a few days.

It's sickening really....
    what about the inverse?

what about starting him tonight, and he has a really bad game and you have to sit on that for 2 days?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    what about the inverse?

what about starting him tonight, and he has a really bad game and you have to sit on that for 2 days?
    Well.....you know my mind just doesn't work like that PH.

Well.....you know my mind just doesn't work like that PH.
    Lucky you! My mind works that way.

I am scared that I will lose the match on Thursday night with a dud performance.

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Lucky you! My mind works that way.

I am scared that I will lose the match on Thursday night with a dud performance.
    But also to add to it, I do think Devonta will have a solid game tonight. But I'm not going for floor production here. I'm facing Josh Allen, Henry, McLaurin, Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Andrews and now Darrell Williams.

Dobber Sports Immortal

With CMC out... Rank my choices for 3 spots

AJ vs Buf
    Emmanuel vs Ten
    Hubbard vs Min
    Sutton vs LV

Dobber Sports Genius

Well I’ve got a thing against Brown so….you know my choices.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

Up 32 with Emmanuel.

Facing Allen and Henry.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ooh close one. Good luck.

- Roy Kent